Tiger Woods speaks to press in Augusta, Georgia, days before Masters begins

Golf legend, Tiger Woods spoke Monday in advance of the Masters (golf’s first major event of the year), ending a mostly silent period since November. He faced questions ranging from whether he received human growth hormone from Dr. Anthony Galea (who is under investigation by federal authorities) to why he had avoided answering questions until now.

None of the assembled reporters asked specifically about the events leading to his accident, however, something he refused to address in his few previous comments. He denied receiving performance enhancing drugs from Dr. Galea.

Woods continued to express contrition about his infidelity, about straying from the principles he said his parents raised him by. “I lied to a lot of people, I deceived a lot of people,” he said. “I rationalized. I kept a lot of people in the dark. I even lied to myself.”

In his short television interviews, as in his Feb. 19 statement, he declined to discuss the events of Nov. 27. He has repeatedly apologized for his indiscretions and said he had strayed from Buddhist principles taught to him by his parents.

Woods has not played since winning the Australian Masters in November.

SOURCE

Copyright 2010 MadMikesAmerica
Posted by on April 5, 2010. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

17 Responses to Tiger Woods speaks to press in Augusta, Georgia, days before Masters begins

1. Tom Harper

April 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm

He’s a F$%&*!#$%$!#& Buddhist??? Well, that explains everything. Buddha is a false Idol; no wonder Tiger doesn’t have any family values 🙂

• Holte Ender

April 5, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Tiger has been a very, very bad boy, he couldn’t possibly be a Jesus Jumper.

• MadMike

April 5, 2010 at 9:18 pm

I think he is a Buddhist. That is not a JJ naturally and they do stress the importance of “creation” and stuff. I wonder if Tiger likes animals?

2. Jess

April 5, 2010 at 6:00 pm

I’m sorry, I wouldn’t talk about it either. It is not anyone’s business except him, his wife and his close associates. I would likely have told them, go get your own freak on and quit trying to find out what I am doing, that is just me though, I am like that.

=^..^=

• Holte Ender

April 5, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Agreed Jess, it’s amazing how many “Enquiring Minds” there are out there when it comes to dirty laundry.

3. Will "take no prisoners" Hart

April 5, 2010 at 6:12 pm

If I had that Brit Ecklund look-alike living at my house, not only would I have quit other women, I probably would have quit the game of golf as well. What a frigging idiot!!!

• Holte Ender

April 5, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Sometimes we forget how young he was when he hit the big time, early 20s. I was pretty stupid when I was that young.

4. Truth 101

April 5, 2010 at 6:31 pm

One day MadMike and some of us contributors will be big stars also. Beautiful women will throw themselves at us if we’re the lucky ones. Fortunately I’ll be too old to dodge them.

I just hope they’re as kind to me as they were to Tiger. You know; about how wonderful a lover I was and “well endowed.” Etc.

• Holte Ender

April 5, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Truth 101 Superstar, has a nice ring to it.

• MadMike

April 5, 2010 at 9:19 pm

YES! I always wanted to be Elvis.

5. Angel

April 5, 2010 at 6:43 pm

What I have to say is who cares what the man did? I don’t care about my neighbor’s personal indiscretions and I don’t care about his. I am sickened by all of the coverage this has got and how the media is just sucking everything it can out of the situation. I just heard his kindergarten teacher is coming out with a lawyer doing press conferences on comments he made in a book published in 2005. Leave the man alone and let him play the sport he is great at and makes so exciting. I am a sports lover and I just want to see a good Masters. His personal issues have nothing to with his play. He makes the sport better and I am excited to have him back and hopefully he will make it a competitive game and all of this media drama will go away.

• Holte Ender

April 5, 2010 at 7:21 pm

You got it right Angel, his private life is his private life, golf is what his public image should be all about. Hope he wins. Looking for a strong showing from the man.

• MadMike

April 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Agreed Angel..every word.

• Lazersedge

April 6, 2010 at 5:26 am

Here, here Angel. Right on. I am so tired of everyone in America trying to live this man’s life for him I don’t know what to do. I would love it if he beat the ever loving crap out of everyone at the Master’s and then turned around and gave the finger to the media.

• Holte Ender

April 6, 2010 at 8:56 am

I listen to this Angel woman, she knows her sports.

6. fourdinners

April 6, 2010 at 1:43 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….wake me up when he stops babbling shite will you?

(That’s Woods by the way, not our Holtey)