Mark Sanford and Friend Live It Up In Florida Keys

Mark Sanford’s life may have officially become a reality show today. The South Carolina governor announced during an unrelated news conference that he spent the weekend with the Argentine lover who cost him his marriage and nearly his job, reports the State. “The purpose was obviously to see if something could be restarted on that front given the rather enormous geographic gulf between us. And time will tell. I don’t know if it will or won’t.” In fairness to Sanford, he brought the issue up only after Gawker posted comments from sharp-eyed observers who saw him and Maria Belen Chapur making googly eyes at each other in the Florida Keys. The governor said he maintained contact with his office all weekend, unlike during his infamous non-trip to the Appalachian Trail. “This obsession with one’s personal life at some point has got to end,” he said of the media.

Copyright 2010 MadMikesAmerica
Posted by on May 13, 2010. Filed under Commentary,News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

7 Responses to Mark Sanford and Friend Live It Up In Florida Keys

1. -Sepp

May 13, 2010 at 7:12 am

So the sleazebag is a liar who cheats on his wife…He and John “it’s my buddy’s baby” Edwards should rent a flophouse together.
    Typical politician…if they’re not fucking us, chances are they’re fucking somebody else!

• The Lawyer

May 13, 2010 at 4:38 pm

“…[I]f they’re not fuck­ing us, chances are they’re fuck­ing some­body else!” I couldn’t say it better myself.

2. Holte Ender

May 13, 2010 at 9:02 am

To think this was the guy who led the charge to impeach Clinton. What a super-sized hypocrite.

3. Jess

May 13, 2010 at 11:58 am

“This obsession with one’s personal life at some point has got to end,”

From the same guy that could not wait to dog Big Dog about getting blown in the Oval Office. I don’t think he understands, it was not the fact you had a personal life dumbass, it was the fact you left your state with no chainc of command in the event something happened. He is another one, I would not miss if he just disappeared into the vapor.

4. Truth 101

May 13, 2010 at 4:52 pm

My empathetic nature makes me feel sorry for a guy who has to fly in a booty call all the way from Argentina. But then again, she may well be worth it.

5. Krell

May 13, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Wasn’t there some sort of musical for this??

Don’t cry for me Argentina Booty
    The truth is I never left you
    All through my wild days
    My mad existence
    I kept my promise
    Don’t keep your distance

6. fourdinners

May 13, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I am in no position to say anything.

I am in no position to say why.

I will now shut up.