A Brief History of Weed

There’s no way to deny it. Mankind has been smoking the chronic since Jesus was in knee socks.

Copyright 2010 MadMikesAmerica
Posted by on September 23, 2010. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

16 Responses to A Brief History of Weed

1. Gwendolyn H. Barry

September 23, 2010 at 6:48 pm

One of my best bylines’ was for High Times…. heheheheheheh can ya twist it to light it? LOL

2. Mother Hen

September 23, 2010 at 6:52 pm

So that is what happened to Jamestown! They probably had the munchies so bad they ate each other.

• The Lawyer

September 23, 2010 at 7:00 pm

That’s my paranoid suspicion.

3. osori

September 23, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I don’t even smoke the stuff anymore but legalize it already, cut the legs outta the drug trade and tax it at the state level to provide revenue.

And as MH alludes it would stimulate the junk food trade. Maybe junk food manufacturers could be federally funded. Could turn the economy around.

4. Holte Ender

September 23, 2010 at 7:34 pm

You my man.

5. Jess

September 23, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I do believe I would be repeating myself if I say it’s about time for legalizing it, but I’ll do it anyway. Soon, soon it will be legal here in California, hopefully if the stoners all remember what day they have to vote, it should win by a lotta votes 🙂

6. Krell

September 23, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I heard on the radio that Cali has all these different blends and brands.

Think that it will eventually get to be like getting a nice bottle of wine at the resturant. Different vintages,etc.

Sir….Care for a nice blended 2014 Riesling Doobie with your meal? Oh, I see that you are a discerning toker. Well, in that case…might I suggest a 2012 Pinot Dooble’ aged with 50 year old scotch. What’s that? You just want salsa and chips? Well…….the Complimentary Oklahoma Hackweed buffet line is over there. Good day sir!

• The Lawyer

September 23, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Once upon a time, in Northern California, there was this guy I knew who was hanging out with another guy I knew, who had a prescription for medical marijuana due to a peculiar anxiety disorder. The guy I knew who was visiting there other guy I knew had some things called, Stevie’s Wonder, Blue Velvet, Buddha, Early Girl, Great White Shark, Purple Haze and Himalayan Gold. Needless to say, all a cut above good ol’ Oklahoma ditch shwag.

• Jess

September 23, 2010 at 10:19 pm

My guy, ups his price if he sells his stuff feminized only. Did not know there was such a thing, till I looked it up on the google. I had to take more care with it, do more to make it better smoke, so I have to charge more for it is what he says.

• Krell

September 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm

What?? Does it smell like patchouli when you smoke it?

• Jess

September 23, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Actually no, it does taste like strawberries though, one of them.

• Jess

September 23, 2010 at 10:16 pm

In Oakland right by Oso and across the bay from me, you can take classes at Oaksterdam Uni to learn all the ins and outs. You poor Okies with your hackweed, must be rough on the throat, if it’s harsh. I would say I feel sorry for you, but I’d be lying and laughing while I was doing it, in a smarmy way 😉 I would be living up to the west coast, elitist label and I don’t want to do that.

• Krell

September 23, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Laugh all you want at us backwater banjo players.

But can you say that you can get Okra prepared in 30 different ways? Can you say “Watch out for that guy over there, he’s noodling for catfish” in your fancy schmancy California?

When was the last time you could just go out and get some barbecued baloney? Huh Huh….got ya there with that one, didn’t I??

• Jess

September 23, 2010 at 11:51 pm

AYUP you got me there 🙂 I really do feel sorry that you can’t experience California grade smoke, some of it is potent.

• osori

September 24, 2010 at 12:10 am

I hear it’s so much stronger than when I was a kid. Don’t smoke it any more. No way to compare it really. I could ask my kids but how would they know to compare?

My youngest got popped at the BART for weed,in her car.It was hers but her boyfriend the rap but cause it was in her car they were both charged. Yeah stupid law.

7. Pingback: Tweets that mention A Brief History of Weed -- Topsy.com