Bacon attack on South Carolina Mosque
Mushtaq Hussain is a board member at the Islamic Center in Florence, South Carolina. He thought he was seeing graffiti on the sidewalk in front of the Mosque, but on closer inspection the words “CHUMP” and “PIG” had been spelled out using strips of bacon. This is not the first such psychological attempt at intimidation.
Anecdotal evidence points to the use of pork as an anti-Islamic protest in recent years. For example:
- In September, the US Postal Inspection Service reported that at least four packages containing hate letters and bacon were sent to American mosques from Denver. CAIR is a regular recipient of pork-related hate mail.
- In March, two Minnesota high school students allegedly shoved bacon in the faces of several Muslim classmates, according to a CAIR complaint.
- In 2007, a Texas farmer held afternoon pig races on Friday – the Muslim holy day – to protest a proposed mosque next to his farm.
- In 2006, a severed pig’s head was thrown into a Maine mosque during prayers.
- Overseas, 7,000 protesters held a “pork sausage and booze” party in Paris this summer, which was designed as a provocation against Muslims and a protest against the perceived Islamicization of France.
- On the Internet, bloggers are invoking pork to incite Muslims. In a recent column on the conservative Town Hall.com, Mike Adams, a criminology professor at the University of North Carolina, proposed several pork-related pranks against the “ground zero mosque,” including “building a large bomb filled with bacon grease. Dubbed the ‘Mother of All Bacon,’ or MOAB, this bomb would not hurt anyone but would permanently defile the location so that no one could worship there.”
Bacon is very popular in the Western diet, but forbidden by Jews and Muslims
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2010 MadMikesAmerica