Irish rap group House of Pain – “Jump around”

About Carol Bell
Carol is a graduate of the University of Alabama. Her passion is journalism and it shows. Carol is our unpaid, but very efficient, administrative secretary.
View all posts by Carol Bell →

My daughters turned me on to hip-hop and these were one of the first bands I liked. House of Pain worked closely with Cypress Hill a few years back. LA hip-hop.

Posted by on October 16, 2010. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

14 Responses to Irish rap group House of Pain – “Jump around”

1. SJ Reply

October 16, 2010 at 8:09 am

Shit you beat me to it.
    This is the perfect music (along with your Cypress Hill pick) to clean an apartment to, -by breaking all of your own furniture of course.

• osori Reply

October 16, 2010 at 11:05 am

ROFL! I hear you man.Sometimes that’s the most efficient way!

2. C.H. McDermott Reply

October 16, 2010 at 11:36 am

Yeah, I love this. Proud Irish-honky music.

3. Jess Reply

October 16, 2010 at 11:56 am

Hey I just attended an Irish wake for my aunt’s brother. There was no rap there, but there were a couple of pipers and the drum guy drunk but no rappers at all. Oh yeah totally drunk before you ask, all these people with really strong Irish accents singing and talking about her brother. Thankfully were were at the home of one of his friends, we could camp out overnight. I don’t think I have ever been as wasted before, I could be wrong though.

• C.H. McDermott Reply

October 16, 2010 at 12:05 pm

The last time I drank with Irish the night ended with me pondering my reflection in the toilet. Damn they can drink. And coming from me, that is a mighty high compliment.

• Jess Reply

October 16, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Didn’t do any pondering I don’t think, can’t remember it anyway. I was trying to learn the words and sing along to the songs and by the time I got one, they had changed to another one. I kept up with them for the most part. More my youth than my ability to hold alcohol, and there was a metric shitload of it there for the people who came for the wake.

The piper let me try and play his pipes, total excercise in humiliation and ears bleeding, for the other people. Got to play a Bodhrain(sp?) drum though so that was pretty cool keeping up with everyone, even though I didn’t know the words/rythmn to the songs. I have now become an honorary Irish person, according to some of the more drunken people that were there.

4. osori Reply

October 16, 2010 at 12:29 pm

From now on call me O’so.

5. SJ Reply

October 16, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Everybody’s Irish whenever this song is playing.

6. greenlight Reply

October 16, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Which leaves me wondering, what was I doing listening to Ambrosia and Neil Diamond during my workout today?

• osori Reply

October 16, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Mike listens to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir when he does his leg-lifts.

• greenlight Reply

October 16, 2010 at 7:37 pm

lol Sounds like he and I might be a matched pair.

I’ll have to cue up some Kenny G for the gym tomorrow.

• osori Reply

October 16, 2010 at 7:43 pm

you like living on the edge huh!

• Jess Reply

October 16, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Kenny G would put me in a bad mood and I definitely would not get any workout done. There are not many musicians I dislike, but he is in the top 20 for me.

• osori Reply

October 16, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Reminder to self:
            Cancel delivery to Jess M of Kenny G boxed CD set with hat and life size poster.