Three engineers discuss the nature of God…

Three engineers were huddled together in a bar after a few drinks discussing the nature of God.

All three agreed that God had to be an engineer of some kind, but of which specialty?

The mechanical engineer asserted that God just had to be a mechanical engineer, like himself. “Why, just study the perfect harmony of the human body’s movement and the way that the bones fit together. Just look at how the muscles and ligatures form the perfect pulley system!”

The electrical engineer said, “No way was God a mechanical engineer. God must be an electrical engineer. Just look at the way the central nervous system worked together with impulses passing along and crossing synapses. Without this marvelous electrical feat the bones and muscles would not work!”

Not to be outdone, the chemical engineer pointed out that chemical engineering had to be God’s specialty, “The complex chemical interactions within intracellular systems that sustain life make it possible for the body’s cells to even do their jobs in the first place!”

They argue awhile, and finally decide to present their respective cases to a third party, who will cast the deciding vote. They nominate the friendly bartender.

After listening to their arguments, the bartender sits awhile in thought.

Finally he decides, “You are all wrong. God has to be a civil engineer. Who else would put a sewer pipeline right through the middle of a recreational area?”

Enhanced by Zemanta
Copyright 2010 MadMikesAmerica
Posted by on December 23, 2010. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

9 Responses to Three engineers discuss the nature of God…

1. A Michael J. Scott

December 22, 2010 at 6:31 pm

LOL Lol!! Wonderful mother of hens. Thank you 🙂

2. Robert Douglas

December 23, 2010 at 4:30 am

Good idea Mother Hen, but I’m afraid you may be incorrect. God (if he/she exists outside the fevered imagination of the terminally insane)is obviously a Computer Engineer

He/She used Binary Solution Sets.

You’re Good
    or
    You’re Bad

• John Myste

December 23, 2010 at 10:52 am

I wish people would stop suggesting that God may be a girl.

• Krell

December 23, 2010 at 11:15 am

That’s funny, MH! But I propose that God is a Quantum Computer Engineer.

Your are in both states of Good and Bad, indeterminate until observed again.

• Robert Douglas

December 23, 2010 at 5:01 pm

But using Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle,
        doesn’t it mean that you tell if they’re good or bad, but not by how much

or

you can tell by how much, but only the value, not the sign (good or bad)

Don’t ya jest love Quantum?

3. Jess

December 23, 2010 at 12:02 pm

You’re all wrong. I am God and am not an engineer. Thought you all should know my real identity now, since it’s my boys bday and all tomorrow. Consider this my early gift to you all. yer so very welcome

• Krell

December 23, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Dear Jess God,

Just wondering….did you make that double rainbow thingy cause you knew it would make that bicyclist talk stupid?

p.s. did that little drummer kid drive your sons momma crazy after losing all that sleep delivering a baby in a hay barn? I mean, really….is that what you want to hear after 12 hours of labor? a drum?

Just asking,
      Krell

• Jess

December 23, 2010 at 5:28 pm

The double rainbow was a happy accident. Now it means the leprechauns have one of them that has gold the other is the nutters talking to themselves.

Oh yeah, whenever I find whoever gave the kid the noisy toy, I’m all about strangling them. All I wanted was peace and quiet and got Motley Crue instead, not good.

Now this is for you and MH off topic and for everyone else. I know it isn’t musical Saturday yet and I know it isn’t even a bad rendition of song. I thought it was funny, and it has one of my favorite people in it, so you get to see it.