The top 10 craziest things to spill out of Glenn Beck’s pie hole

Glenn Beck bids a fond adieu to Fox News, or is it the other way around?  Quite frankly I think, at least in this case, I have to believe Fox News when they say they “terminated his show.”

There are any number of reasons why Beck was shown the door, but the biggest one comes down to money!  He became so nutty that he lost his audience and then he lost his sponsors and that’s what did him in.

His departure, however, doesn’t remove his legacy, and that’s why we’re here today.  In celebration of his leaving Raw Story put together some of the more egregious things the Beckster had to say and here they are for your reading pleasure:

Conservative conspiracy theorist Glenn Beck announced Wednesday that he’s leaving his Fox News show in favor of a different arrangement that could see him work behind the scenes at Fox or attempt to launch his own cable channel.

But he doesn’t leave the Republican leaning network with the most sparkling of records: in the last year, his viewership has declined by a third and over 300 advertisers fled in the face of a massive and sustained boycott.

Despite that, Beck’s audience was frequently more than all his competitors’ combined, topping out in the millions with every broadcast. But numbers or none, “later this year” it’s all coming to an end.

Here’s just a handful in the litany of quotes that some would say were Beck’s craziest. Please don’t hesitate to share your Beck quotes with us in the comments section below.
—–

10. “God is giving a plan I think to me that is not really a plan. The problem is that I think the plan that the Lord would have us follow is hard for people to understand. Because of my track record with you who have been here for a long time. Because of my track record with you, I beg of you to help me get this message out, and I beg of you to pray for clarity on my part.”
— April 20, 2010

9. “I don’t think we came from monkeys. I think that’s ridiculous. I haven’t seen a half-monkey, half-person yet.”
— May 18, 2010

8. “I know the progressives are using progressive tactics. They’re not using Nazi tactics. The real answer is the Nazis were using early American progressive tactics. And that’s not my opinion, that’s historic fact.”
— Jan. 20, 2011

7. “You know, we all have our inner demons. I, for one – I can’t speak for you, but I’m on the verge of moral collapse at any time. It can happen by the end of the show.”
— Nov. 6, 2006

6. “This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture. I’m not saying he doesn’t like white people, I’m saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.”
— July 28, 2009

5. ”There are a lot of universities that are as dangerous with the indoctrination of the children as terrorists are in Iran or North Korea. We have been setting up reeducation camps. We call them universities.”
— Sept. 1, 2010

4. “I’m thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I’m wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus — band — Do, and I’ve lost all sense of right and wrong now.”
— May 17, 2005

3. “The only [Katrina victims] we’re seeing on television are the scumbags.”
— Sept. 9, 2005

2. “You know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims’ families. It took me about a year. Just like, oh, shut up. I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining. […] I didn’t think I could hate victims faster than the 9/11 victims.”
— Sept. 9, 2005

1. “They [Democrats in Congress] believe in communism. They believe and have called for a revolution. You’re going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you.”
— June 9, 2010

Bonus quote: “Let me tell you this. They shut me down on radio, that’s fine, I’ll do TV. They shut me down on TV, that’s fine, I’ll do Internet. They shut me down on the Internet, that’s fine, I’ll do stage shows. They shut me down on stage shows, that’s fine, I’ll go door to door. You will have to shoot me in the head. We are not stopping.”
— May 18, 2010

Bye! Bye! Beckster…You looney tune!!

glenn beck fired by fox, beck terminated fox news

By the way if you can think of any crazy Glenn Beck quotes please let us know by leaving them in the comments section.

Enhanced by Zemanta
Copyright 2011 MadMikesAmerica
Posted by on April 8, 2011. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

49 Responses to The top 10 craziest things to spill out of Glenn Beck’s pie hole

1. Four Dinners

April 8, 2011 at 8:03 am

He is clearly unhinged. I’d love to see his show just for the madness he seems to spew out. He was paid for this?????? Good grief!!! America really is going bonkers!!!!

• J

June 24, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Like when he said buy gold? I made a fortune.

• michael3ov

July 29, 2011 at 6:34 am

Yeah he got people to buy gold by scaring the shit out of them. Maybe thats why goldline was one his few remaining sponsors. He also told people to use goldline, which I hope you were smart enough not to do, and they were under investigation for their shady business practices. What is sad is you needed Beck to tell you to buy gold.

• irene

January 6, 2014 at 12:02 pm

2. The Lawyer

April 8, 2011 at 12:19 pm

[sniff, sniff] The world just wont be the same without Beck’s bile on Fox.

• Anonymous

February 4, 2012 at 2:11 am

F*ck Fox!!!
      they eat babies.
      Fu** Glennda Beck!!!
      She is a very bigoted person.

3. Michael John Scott

April 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm

The world will truly not be the same, but take heart Mr. Lawyer, it will be better! 🙂

4. BigHarryH

April 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Good riddance, but he will still be around somewhere. Jeez.

5. Mike

April 9, 2011 at 9:57 am

Actually, #8 is a true statement. The Nazis built off of propaganda techniques of the American progressive movement, then took them to the extreme. The rest may be nutty, but with that statement he’s accurate.

• Michael John Scott

April 9, 2011 at 10:05 am

Mike that is indeed accurate. Thanks for keeping us straight.

• Michael

April 9, 2011 at 11:53 am

Yes it’s true, but he omitted the fact that they took it to the extreme and it was no longer true Early American progressive tactics. No such thing as a half truth. He distorted a fact to back up his agenda. That makes it a lie.

• Michael John Scott

April 9, 2011 at 12:07 pm

As a fellow student of that era I once again find myself in full agreement.

• Ben

April 12, 2011 at 10:13 am

A lot of Mikes here, it is good that the Mike in charge can recognize that Beck can be both right about one little thing and crazy and dangerous about the same thing.

• Michael John Scott

April 12, 2011 at 10:27 am

Thanks Ben!

• michael3ov

July 29, 2011 at 6:38 am

No it is not accurate. It is a lie like most of what he says. It comes from a quote mine from Goebbels diaries and speeches.

• michael3ov

July 29, 2011 at 6:37 am

Actually that isn’t true. He uses a quote mine from Goebells speech to back that statement up when Goebells was referring to the British propaganda techniques. It is truly amazing you fell for that lie.

6. Matt

April 9, 2011 at 2:29 pm

In the intro you quoted Raw Story describing Fox as a “republican leaning” network. That’s like saying a fish “leans” toward living in water. Let’s all agree that FOX=GOP.

To paraphrase David Frum (the conservative scholar and speechwriter): “We thought that Fox worked for the GOP. But really the GOP works for Fox.”

• Michael John Scott

April 9, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Good point Matt!!

• irene

January 6, 2014 at 12:05 pm

more precisely, FOX = Tea Party

7. Rick Morrison

April 10, 2011 at 12:52 am

Glenn Beck either needs to get off of drugs, or on better ones.

8. Rick

April 10, 2011 at 12:54 am

Glenn Beck either needs to get off of drugs or on better ones.

9. Fred

April 10, 2011 at 1:05 am

Actually I like Glenn Beck, he has done a lot to discredit the things he claims to believe in.

10. Robert

April 11, 2011 at 4:04 am

So you really understand how sick the whole thing really is. Glen Beck was a performance artist, mind you a sick soul less greedy performance artist but never the less he played the script Fox not-News Provided for him.
    In order for the hate and fear message to work, the writers were forced to continually ramp it up, to search for new ground to inspire more hate and fear and of course this leads to eventual and inevitable burnout.
    So Fox not-News retire Glen Beck as a multimillionaire amoral scum sucking pig, with a total disregard for humanity and his only concern personal greed and you know what, in a months time they will replace him with out self serving greedy narcissist who will give voice to the worst possible lies and who in turn will burn out in a few years time.

11. MrM

April 13, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I can’t think of an adjective descriptive enough that can accurately describe the contempt I feel for Glen Beck and all of Fox “News”. Conservatism is a sick, immoral doctrine. Beck-style conservatism is the same sick, immoral doctrine multiplied by 10. I never wasted my time watching him or any other of the Fox imbeciles-with-a-mic that self-righteously and grotesquely claim to be on the side of good. They make me sick to my stomach and life is too short to spend even a minute letting these idiots get under my skin. I’m glad he’s gone, and as far as I’m concerned all of Fox “News” can go to hell too.

• Michael John Scott

April 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Hear! Hear! MrM…

• TrueC

May 10, 2011 at 4:59 pm

So…MrM I think you might need to read up on modern conservatism, TRUE conservatism. It’s not immoral at all. Rather, it’s just a way of getting people to actually take care of themselves rather than relying on the Government to take care of them. I don’t agree with Glenn Beck in the least nor do I care for Fox. But I do think blatantly disregarding another aspect of America’s freedom of speech and policy is just as bad as Beck’s fear-mongering. Just sayin.

• J

June 24, 2011 at 4:23 pm

M, You need to educate yourself on conservatism.

12. Anonymous

April 15, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Well I can say that although the wording in #8 is a little, how should I say…stupid, but it is true that Nazi’s used American tactics of propaganda from World War 1. Just look up the Creel Commission.

13. Mark Miles

April 18, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I’m not sure on dates here, nor the number of times he actually said it; but I’m quite certain he, on a few occasions, uttered the statement: “Now I may be crazy.”

• Michael John Scott

April 18, 2011 at 5:40 pm

…..and he certainly is….

14. kat

April 22, 2011 at 11:45 pm

did ya hear glenn beck killed and raped a girl? that’s right. glenn beck.

• Michael John Scott

April 23, 2011 at 10:29 am

That was an internet hoax that has long since been debunked. It just isn’t true.

• Dave

May 23, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Then why doesn’t he just deny it?

• Wolfeski

May 9, 2011 at 1:33 pm

No, you’re thinking of Bill Cosby beating up that midget

• Jim Mike Michaels

May 22, 2011 at 12:02 am

Oh, you mean the guy that turned out to be somewhere in or on richard gere?

15. MrM

May 13, 2011 at 5:50 pm

@TrueC
    I’m not sure what you mean by “disregarding another aspect of America’s freedom of speech and policy”. And no, choosing to ignore fear-mongers is not the same as BEING a fear-monger.

Conservatism as espoused by Beck, Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, and others is not only sick but immoral. It is a doctrine that carries an inherent self-serving end through any means necessary, including demonizing those who disagree with the doctrine and even inciting violence against perceived enemies of Conservative America. So, if you’re saying that is NOT what Conservatives are about, then what do you call someone like Glen Beck? And why does HE call himself a Conservative? If you’re saying that people like him are giving Conservatism a bad name, how come no conservative ever calls them out on it? I didn’t make up the definition of Conservatism; people like Rush Limbaugh did. Now you’re telling us there is another “true” definition out there? Please…

16. Dave

May 23, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Unquestionably a loon. But I have to say i agree with him re. the “Sainted Families of Victims of Nine-Eleven(tm).” I’m tired of those people, too…

• Anonymous

May 25, 2011 at 8:42 pm

but he said that in 2005…

17. Emily

May 26, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Get off my phone! GET OFF MY PHONE YOU LITTLE PIN-HEAD!!! I don’t care… YOU people don’t care about the trillions… GET OFF MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!! I’m going to lose my mind today!

~ Glenn Beck; Rant On the Caller– Radio Show

18. J

June 23, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Don’t let common sense or Beck get in your way.

19. Cheshire Cat

June 24, 2011 at 4:24 pm

LOL J!

20. lazersedge

June 25, 2011 at 3:30 am

Glenn Beck is basically a dvd player. I remember back when he was on CNN he was looney tunes on the left side and spiraled out of control to the point they fired him. He went to Fox and he went looney tunes on the right side and spiraled out of control. It seems that someone gives him a script and at some point he loses his place and his ad libs are crazy, garbled rants. I do miss his crying jags though. I would call him harmless but a lot of idiots listen to him and somehow believe he knows what he is talking about.

21. J

June 27, 2011 at 2:21 pm

The craziest was when Beck said the price of gold will jump up because the dollar is becoming worthless. What an idiot. He made me so rich. I’d be mad and say he was crazy to if I didn’t make a fortune.

It’s hard to admit when you are wrong but silly attacks on Beck doesn’t change facts. Good luck, with the blind leading the blind.

22. jdd

July 4, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Unless I’m misreading it, #3 doesn’t seem all that crazy. The looters, the criminals, the a-holes, etc were getting a LOT of coverage after the hurricane and it painted a pretty negative picture of the people over there. I think that’s what he was trying to say…Or I hope. The rest are just bat-shit insane.

23. Alessandro

July 5, 2011 at 2:23 am

You guys are really living in a bubble. Spending years talking with like-minded people, convincing yourself of how incredibly right you are, and how incredibly vile, dangerous and stupid is everyone who disagrees.
    My Europe is doomed; the Usa maybe is still in a position where they can save their (your) civilization from complete decadence and replacement, but Obama & co. are mimicking our policies and principles. It’s Glenn Beck, more than anyone else I know, who got the right attitude; including, of course, insisting on religious values and nonviolence, contrary to the impression you are creating with your carefully chosen quotes.
    I have probably spent more time watching Beck than anyone else on this side of the Atlantic; I don’t agree with him on some ideas, and he often is oversimplifying things. But he’s basically right in terms of perspective.
    Do you really want to see the difference? Learn about the Acorn scandal, how he dealt with it, how the mainstream media dealt with it. This is the most significant example of where the deep corruption of the leftist spirit lies.
    Learn how they dealt with the Fort Hood shooting.
    I live in a town which used to be dominated by communists (today they are post-communists, and still enjoying the fruits of the very same capitalism they insist on attacking). I know very well the mindset pitfalls they create.
    Do you want to know who’s understanding the history that is unfolding right now in our lifetime? Wait a few years, see what’s going to happen to Israel. Then tell me again who was on the side of peace.

• Matt

January 31, 2012 at 2:49 am

you one crazy mofo, Allesandro

24. Daniel Bratchell

October 4, 2011 at 10:50 am

Beck sounds like a snake-oil salesman to me.

25. Pingback: FEAR: The Driving Force Behind American Politics | Save America...End the Drug War Now