Chihuahua Killer faces life in prison

I’m generally opposed to the three strikes law, but there are cases when I think it actually works, and this is one of them.  It’s not only because this monster killed an innocent little puppy, but also because he is a serial assaulter.  He is violent and dangerous as evidenced by his criminal record and he needs to be put away so that he can no longer harm innocent creatures.  Here is the story summary:

A California man accused of fatally slamming his wife’s Chihuahua against a wall during a domestic dispute could be sentenced to life in prison, according to authorities. Bud Wally Ruiz gave the 6-week-old puppy, Teddy, to his wife for Mother’s Day. His wife called police just days later after Ruiz hurled a small travel case with the dog inside across a room as the two argued. He now faces two felony counts of cruelty to animals and a misdemeanor count of spousal battery, reports the San Jose Mercury News.

Because he has four earlier convictions for assault with a deadly weapon, he’s in for a particularly harsh sentence this time around if he’s convicted under the state’s controversial Three Strikes Law for repeat offenders. His wife now claims the puppy’s death was an accident. “He’s devastated,” she said. “He’s not a monster.” Anyone convicted under the Three Strikes Law faces a minimum sentence of 25 years to life.

What do you think?  Life or a slap on the wrist?  Let us know in the comments section.

Enhanced by Zemanta
Copyright 2011 MadMikesAmerica
Posted by on May 20, 2011. Filed under Crime,News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

9 Responses to Chihuahua Killer faces life in prison

1. woody

May 20, 2011 at 8:33 am

Woody is in NO DOUBT: Yeah, it’s fair.
    If it’s fair for somebody to face the same sentence for selling a little weed, then this murderous, fucking raving madman CERTAINLY deserves it for this vicious, spite-killing.

If he’d do it to a little dog, he’d do it to a kid, or someone weaker, in a heart-beat. Take –and keep– the skeevy fucker off the streets.

• A Michael J. Scott

May 20, 2011 at 9:26 am

You’ll get no argument from me Woodman!! I agree 100%.

• Alysia hoback

May 20, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Couldn’t agree more, we waist our tax dollars putting someone away for having a healing plant growing in their basement, but we can’t seem to spend it on putting real monsters away. I hope karma smacks him in the face this time.

2. dp1053

May 20, 2011 at 9:40 am

I was thinking death penalty, but I suppose life will have to do.

3. lazersedge

May 20, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I would prefer that the life sentence be for killing of the puppy not just the technicality of the three strike law. But, I guess we take what gifts we can get.

4. Jihad punk

May 20, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Lazer is right. The ‘law’ isn’t enough here.

You take a life you lose a life.

Simples.

Would I kill a man/woman for behaving in this way?

You bet your arse (ass) I would.

5. irishmanjames

May 21, 2011 at 4:00 am

Life in a cage being slammed into a wall now and then without warning…

6. Sagacious Hillbilly

May 22, 2011 at 9:00 am

“four earlier convictions for assault with a deadly weapon”
    Lock him up. IT’s only a matter of time before he begins killing people.
    It’s not hard to live life without getting any criminal charges against you. This guy is on at least #5. Bye, bye.

7. SOFIA

June 5, 2012 at 6:43 pm

HOW COULD HE KILL A LITTLE DOG THATS SO MEAN I LOVE DOGS SO MUCH BECAUSE THEYRE SO CUTE POOR FOR THAT ANIMAL SO DEFENDLESS…….:(