A women’s site asked their Facebook friends to share the grooming issues that disgust women most about men. One friend suggested buying “a huge billboard that all men can see.” Mad Mike’s America shares these little-known secrets to help our male readers.
Undoubtedly, there are more “no-nos” on this list, but these 10 will do fine for now.
1. Long, dirty toe nails. Some refer to men’s dirty toenails, especially with hair feet, as “Hobbit feet.” Men, you don’t have to sit for a pedicure, but there’s no excuse for claws filled with dirt.
2. Unnecessary Hair. Nose hair is a number-one complaint; ear hair is a close second.
3. ”Yuck Mouth.” Seriously. Basic hygiene is not too much to ask, guys. Brushing and flossing takes about five minutes. Some men think they can get away with “yuck mouth.” You can “forget” to brush your teeth if you really want to, but do not expect that good night kiss… or anything else for that matter. A tongue scraper can also help.
4. Unattractive smells. When’s the last time you took a shower? Deodorant can’t cover everything. Some men neither shower nor deodorize. No one smells so good that they can get away with being stinky.
5. Eyebrows. Either overgrown or over plucked eyebrows are a turnoff. Actually, unruly eyebrows may attract some women: but, if you have them, please don’t over-pluck them. Overly plucked, perfect eyebrows on men often turn women off.
6. Cologne, body spray, after shave Make sure you don’t smell like you bathed in it. Less is more . If everything you touch starts to smell like favorite aftershave, use a lighter touch. At the gym, the after shave stink intensifies. The cheap stuff is even worse. Find an unscented product. (Women, this also applies to being overly perfumed.)
7. Smoking. Even when you want to be considerate and escape outside to grab a smoke, you’ll still stink when you get back to your date. If you date someone that smokes, no problem, right? You don’t need a lecture anyone about the health dangers of smoking. You already know them. Let’s move on.
8. Oh, please, no. Do you really need to itch your junk or pick your nose right now? Flatulence is not that funny.
9. Helmet hair. If your hair is as hard as a car door, quit putting so much product on. Who wants to run their fingers through a rigid mass that doesn’t blow in the wind?
10. Nails. Don’t leave your nails dirty. If you work in a field where you use your hands, just cut them short.
It’s your turn, guys. I’m not a man, but women who wear overly strong perfume especially at the gym is digusting. Anything we need to know about what turns you off?