Harold Camping proclaims new doomsday date

About Collin Hinds
Senior Writer and editor.
View all posts by Collin Hinds →

Harold Camping, doomsday profiteer, proclaims October 21 the real last day of the world as we know it–and it is too late to repent

doomsday madmikesamerica

Harold Camping, the fabulously wealthy doomsday profiteer, is making another round in the news, proclaiming that the end is near, again, and it’s too late to repent.  Here’s the story from Newser.

The end is nigh—no, really this time!—but don’t bother repenting. That’s what Harold Camping, America’s favorite doomsday prophet, is preaching these days. In a message on his website spotted by USA Today, Camping says that Oct. 21, “at this point, looks like it will be the final end of everything.” See, as he explains in this post, the rapture really did happen on May 21—that day marked “the completion of God’s salvation program.”

The prophesied “earthquakes” were really man-quakes, because man was made out of dirt in Genesis, and mankind shook with fear on May 21—get it? So anyone who wasn’t saved by May 21 “will be annihilated together with the whole physical world on October 21, 2011.” Still, Camping’s predicting a more modest Apocalypse this time. “I really am beginning to think … that there’s going to be no big display of any kind,” he said in a recent radio address, according to Time. “The end is going to come very, very quietly.”

See you in hell, ya’ll.

Madmikesamerica wants to know how you are going to spend your last week on earth before doomsday

Posted by on October 14, 2011. Filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

18 Responses to Harold Camping proclaims new doomsday date

1. Michael John Scott

October 14, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Well on doomsday I think I’ll publish something about how doomsday didn’t happen….again.

2. Collin Hinds

October 14, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I was thinking about getting drunk on beer milk shakes like Doc from Cannery Row.

3. Jess

October 14, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I’m going to go on some kind of hedonistic binge for the next few days. If you don’t see me after the 21st, you’ll all know I was taken up in a rapture of some sort, you can say nice things about me.. or not.. I don’t care either way :) If you do see me after that day, well I must have done the debauchery right, to be left behind.

You would think he would be quiet since the last real rapture, and just sit quietly mumbling to himself at home in front of the mirror. I wonder if there will be as many idiots selling all their shit this time, you know, just to prepare for it.

• The Lawyer

October 14, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I was thinking about having sex with as many inanimate objects as possible between now and the 21st.

• Jess

October 14, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Just don’t hurt yourself, have plenty of lube at hand. Otherwise you could end up like that lady who hurt herself and is now suing because of it.

• The Lawyer

October 14, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Whoa. I’ve revised that notion. I’ll just think evil thoughts.

• Michael John Scott

October 14, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Holy horse hockey Jess. What a perfect MMA story. Thanks.

• Jess

October 14, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I find stuff all over the place but you know that ;). I did forward this one to you, a couple days ago, when I first came across it on Gawker I think it was.

• Michael John Scott

October 14, 2011 at 7:35 pm

That’s right you did! I even put it in the pending queue. Geez….scary :-) :-)

• Collin Hinds

October 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I must imagined that I already learned about the diabolical dildo from hell here.

• Dorothy Anderson

October 15, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I started to get faint from the loss of blood. Isn’t that the point?

4. Dorothy Anderson

October 15, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I think I know when Doomsday may occur: if one of the GOP candidates win the election.

5. John Myste

October 15, 2011 at 2:50 pm

So, his latest prediction is much worse than the last:

He predicts the end will come not with a bang but a whimper. I want a bang.

• Dorothy Anderson

October 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Yeats aside, I think you speak for all of us, John…

6. wowglyphs

October 16, 2011 at 1:09 am

Just thinking about having sex 24/7. I wonder how fast I would faint lol :)

7. הנדימן

October 16, 2011 at 1:11 am

which makes me think, is it even worth risking your health? I am getting old mate :)

8. Teeluck

October 16, 2011 at 10:21 pm

This is great!! I was hoping that dumb fuck would put the date as the 21st!! My birthday is the 20th, so I can drink til the world ends!!!