What do the fanatic right think of liberals—especially famous HOLLYWOOD liberals. They don’t like liberals very much at all, preferring their Mother of Perpetual Victimhood, Sarah Palin and others of her ilk.
A Human Events post, bemoans liberal celebrities who involve themselves too much in political debate from the left. These ultra-right wingers find public figures who testify before Congress regarding dangerous environmental and social issues absurd. They ridicule testimonies about the latest threat to humanity laughable. In other words, liberals should not be accorded the privileges of free speech.
In one day, here are two examples of the types of posts found on Human Events.
Al Gore is blaming Hurricane Katrina on global warming and erroneously stating that polar bears were dying. Despite Gore’s complete retrofitting of his Tennessee mansion in 2007, Human Events continues to perpetuate that the ex-vice president’s personal electric bill could light a village. Apparently, Gore knows nothing about religion.
Misuses religion for politics. The Left’s aversion to mixing church and state doesn’t apply when religion can be used to score a political point. In 1997, Vice President Gore spoke at a press conference at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, giving a new twist to the Christmas story. “Speaking from my own religious tradition in this Christmas season, 2,000 years ago a homeless woman gave birth to a homeless child in a manger because the inn was full,” he said, apparently oblivious to the story that Mary and Joseph were travelers, not homeless.
Human Events contributor and rabid climate denier, Bill O’Reilly, wrote an article about liberal ex-oil magnet T. Boone Pickens:
A few months ago, I had an interesting conversation with T. Boone Pickens, the billionaire investor. He put up his own money to develop a massive wind power project in the heartland. T. Boone thought he’d found the answer: Wind would drive the clean energy movement. But the windmills couldn’t deliver enough energy to make a profit. So Pickens folded and put the wind deal up for sale.
“The capital markets have dealt us all a setback,” said Pickens in a statement emailed to the San Francisco Business Times through his PR firm. “I am committed to 667 wind turbines and I am going to find projects for them.” Though Pickens made his money in oil, he has worked in recent years to end this country’s dependence on foreign oil. He’s put forward plans for widespread use of natural gas vehicles, for example (though they haven’t always been well-received) as well as pushing for wind power.
Pickens said he hasn’t abandoned the project. “I expect to continue development of the Pampa project, but not at the pace that I originally expected,” he said.
Human Events hard right reports spices truth with just the right touch of propaganda. The following comments are taken verbatim from Human Events. According to the internet’s answer to yellow journalism, Human Events writers noted it was hard to narrow down the list to only 10.
Here are the “Top 10 Most Obnoxious Hollywood Liberals” according to the plethora of Obnoxious Conservatives, who favor run on sentences. Most of those on the list promote a fallacious agenda of global climate change.
Sean Penn: The two-time Academy Award winner traveled the world to denounce the country that made him rich and famous. He has been used as a propaganda tool by the Iranian regime, met with Cuban President Raul Castro, and went to Iraq as an antiwar activist. Penn is so close to Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez, that the tyrant, in one of his televised speeches, read an open letter Penn wrote to Bush, condemning the Iraq War, calling for the President’s impeachment and saying that Bush, Dick Cheney and Condoleezza Rice were “villainously and criminally obscene people.”
2. Michael Moore: : [Hardly surprising: he’s the poster boy liberal the hard right loves to hate.] The portly director made hundreds of millions of dollars off of the highly fictional Fahrenheit 9/11
3. Danny Glover: Lethal Weapon star Danny Glover was a campus radical as a student at San Francisco State University and has been an advocate for left-wing causes ever since. He chums around with the likes of Hugo Chavez, is a union rabble-rouser and said the Bush administration was composed of “liars and murderers.” After the 2010 Haiti earthquake, Glover was quick to blame the tragedy on global warming.
4. Barbra Streisand: From her appearance on President Nixon’s “enemies list” [for which she deserves the utmost respect] to her singing performance at a fund-raising gala for Barack Obama, Barbra Streisand has a long history of political involvement. Most notable is her bankrolling of left-wing causes, with the Streisand Foundation steering millions to groups promoting every liberal fantasy. Among her favorite causes are women’s issues, nuclear [nuk-eu-ler?] disarmament and the environment. She even donated $1 million to the William Jefferson Clinton Foundation to help solve global warming.
5. Jane Fonda (“Hanoi Jane”):: deserves a lifetime achievement award for left-wing activism. Between her anti-American radio broadcasts from North Vietnam and appearing at anti-Iraq War rallies, Fonda demonstrated against Israel’s “occupation” of the West Bank and supported feminist causes, speaking out against patriarchy. This is someone who once said, “I would think that if you understood what communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become Communists.” [It could have been worse: she could have said “Socialists.”]
6. Alec Baldwin: : “30 Rock” star Alec Baldwin is an animal-rights advocate, a strong supporter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and serves on the board of the left-wing People for the American Way. [What a horrible, horrible person.] During the Clinton impeachment, Baldwin publicly fantasized about murdering Rep. Henry Hyde and his family. If he had only followed through on his threat to leave the country when Bush was re-elected. [Grammatically incorrect sentence, but you get the idea…]
7. Susan Sarandon: From supporting the Nicaraguan Sandinistas in the 1980s to speaking at a pro-union rally [disgraceful] in Wisconsin this year, film star Susan Sarandon is still plugging progressive positions, although no longer with her former longtime companion and political fellow traveler Tim Robbins. She was an anti-Iraq War activist, protesting the Bush administration with the likes of Jane Fonda and Cindy Sheehan, and is a major donor to the feminist group EMILY’s List.
8. Janeane Garofalo: This B-list actress and Air America refugee has taken left-wing hate speech to a new level [!] with her rhetorical blasts aimed at the Tea Party. Here is a sample of her rants: “It’s about hating a black man in the White House.” That is racism straight up. This is nothing but a bunch of tea-bagging rednecks,” and, “The functionally retarded adults, the racists—with their cries of, ‘I want my country back.’ What they’re really saying is, ‘I want my white guy back.’” [Just projection, folks.]
9. Joy Behar: While on “The View,” Joy Behar said there are ways to get information from terrorists other than tough interrogation methods such as water boarding. “There are other ways of getting information out of people [repetitive?]… pay them off,” Behar said, while suggesting offering a terrorist a “$6 million book deal.” This is the same brainiac who once said, “It is really not easy to make fun of the Obamas, because they’re kind of really perfect, aren’t they?”
The Sheens: This father/son duo deserves a mention. Martin Sheen played the liberal’s dream President in “West Wing,” and has embraced every left-wing cause, from antiwar and farm-worker activism to protecting seals by attacking fur traders. His son, Charlie Sheen, was an outspoken Truther, alleging that 9/11 was an inside job, before he became a traveling carnival act with his Tiger Blood and “Torpedo of Truth.” [I wish people would leave Charlie Sheen alone and find a new target.]
Other luminary liberals include George Clooney and Robin Williams (both of whom should have replaced Joy Behar and the Sheens in the top 10) and Dustin Hoffman.
Mad Mike’s America thanks Jess (very much) and Human Events (sort of).