George Zimmerman Wife Busted and Jailed
When he killed Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman had no idea the chain of events that would unfold. He was arrested, released, and arrested again. He was released on bond, lied to the court about his assets and was arrested again. His wife, Shellie, who was nowhere around when Zimmerman pulled the trigger on his 9mm, also lied to the court and was arrested and ultimately jailed. Her bond was set at $1,000 dollars and she was released a short while ago.
What was originally an incident that probably qualified for a “stand your ground” defense in Florida, has now deteriorated beyond the death of a young man holding Skittles and iced tea, to a family caught up in a personal nightmare beyond their imaginings.
Here’s the edited Newser summary:
George Zimmerman’s wife is in jail now, too, at least until she posts bond. Florida police arrested 25-year-old Shellie Zimmerman today on a count of perjury and booked her into the John E. Polk Correctional Facility, reports Bay News 9. Both she and her husband were accused of lying to the court in April during his bond hearing about how much money they had, specifically about how much had been raised via a website for his defense bills in the Trayvon Martin shooting. Shellie Zimmerman is in the same jail as her husband, though she is expected to be out soon on $1,000 bond.
The timeline of events involving Shellie and George and how they handled the money, according to the investigation:
- 4/15 3:29 p.m. – George and Shellie discuss their finances and transferring money in a recorded jail phone call.
- 4/16 2:26 p.m. – George and Shellie discuss transferring money in a recorded jail phone call
- 4/16 2:32 p.m. – George and Shellie discuss paying the bond in a recorded jail phone call
- 4/16 – Credit union records show Shellie had two withdrawals from her account at $9,000 each
- 4/16-17 – Credit union records show more than $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman’s account to his sister’s
- 4/19 9:36 a.m. – George and Shellie discuss taking money from a safety deposit box
- 4/16-4/19 – Credit union records show Shellie made four different transfers of $9,990, two transfers of $9,999, and two transfers of $7,500 to George Zimmerman’s account
- 4/20 – Shellie Zimmerman testified at the bond hearing of George.
- 4/23 – George Zimmerman bonds out of the Seminole county Jail shortly after midnight
- 4/24 – Shellie Zimmerman transferred $85,500 from her account to George’s
Thanks to Bay News for their contributions to the story.
Follow MadMike’sAmerica on Facebook and Twitter, and don’t forget to visit our HOME PAGE.