Are pet kisses a health benefit or a hazard?

About Guest Contributor
Guest contributors are those who provide commentary, advice, or other food for thought designed to entertain and enlighten our readers.
View all posts by Guest Contributor →

We’ve all heard the rumors about how allowing a dog to lick your face is bad for you.  In point of fact, however, that is not necessarily the case as research is showing that in some cases a good lick or two might actually be beneficial.

Pet kisses courtesy of www.pedigree.com

Pet kisses courtesy of www.pedigree.com

Ken Tudor, DVM, writing for PetMD has the full story:

Your veterinarian tells you to avoid letting your pets lick the faces of the family. She lists the numerous parasites and bacteria possibly present in pet saliva that may affect family members. Yet recent research suggests that the ancient practice of dog licking may indeed aid wound healing. My blog from two week ago looked at new research suggesting that dog intestinal bacteria may have a protective role against asthma in children.

So, is pet saliva a health hazard or benefit? The answer is probably both. However, routine veterinary care and simple sanitary practices can reduce fears that your pet’s lick is a family health risk.

Why Are Pets Health Hazards?

The mouth and the intestines of pets can harbor bacteria and parasites that can be transmitted to humans. They can cause an assortment of medical conditions in humans. Diseases transmitted from animals to humans are called “zoonotic” (zo-not-ick).

Bacteria:

Pastuerella is a normal inhabitant of the mouth in cats and dogs that can cause skin, lymph node and, sometimes, more severe infections. Bartonella henselae, a bacterium that is transmitted to cats from fleas is also housed in the cats’ mouths. It is the cause of a severe skin and lymph node infection called cat-scratch-fever. Theoretically, humans can be infected by these bacteria by coming in contact with the saliva from a cat or dogs lick. The Center for Disease Control reports that most pastuerella and bartonella infections are the result of bites and scratches. Little data are available to substantiate that being licked by a pet is a major means of infection

Salmonellla, E. coli, Clostridia and Campylobacter are intestinal bacteria of pets that can cause severe intestinal disease in humans. The pets can be free of symptoms yet pass these bacteria in their feces (poop). Most human infection is generally due to oral contact of hands contaminated by the pet’s feces or fecal residue. Because pets lick their anus (butt), these bacteria can also be present in the mouth. Facial and lip licking is a potential route of infection from pet to human. Again, there is little proof that this is actually a major means of transmission.

Parasites:

Pets are hosts for many parasitic worms and single celled parasites. Human infection from these parasites can result in intestinal disease, skin problems, blindness, and brain disorders. Pets may live with these parasites in their intestines with no signs of illness. But eggs passed in the pet’s feces can infect humans. Like bacteria, the major route of infection to humans is fecal-oral. Pets that have licked their anus can potentially pass the parasite eggs to humans during facial licking.

With the exception of two single celled parasites, Giardia and Cryptosporidia, this type of infection is not likely. Most parasite eggs are not infective directly from the anus. They must undergo a period of maturation in the feces or contaminated environment in order to infect humans. Transmission to humans would require dogs licking human faces after mouthing or eating feces that was one to 21 days old, depending on the parasite. Because cats are not feces eaters (coprophagic), humans are unlikely to become infected by parasites from their cats.

Giardia and Cryptosporidia are immediately infective so potentially could be transmitted by a lick.

The Benefits of Pet Saliva

The belief in the curative power of a dog’s lick dates back to ancient Egypt and has persisted through time. In modern France a medical saying translates to “A Dog’s Tongue is a doctor’s tongue.” Recent research has identified products in saliva that indeed aid in healing.

Researchers in the Netherlands identified a chemical in pet saliva called histatins. Histatins speed wound healing by promoting the spread and migration of new skin cells.
Dr. Nigel Benjamin of the London School of medicine has shown that when saliva contacts skin it creates nitric oxide. Nitric oxide inhibits bacterial growth and protects wounds from infection.

Researchers at the University of Florida isolated a protein in saliva called Nerve Growth Factor that halves the time for wound healing.

Prudent Precautions With Pet Saliva

The risk of bacterial or parasitic infection from pet licks are the greatest for very young children, the aged, and immunosuppressed individuals on chemotherapy or inflicted with AIDS. Individuals with healthy immune systems are unlikely to become infected. Despite the relatively low risk of infection from pet licks, some sensible precautions by pet owners are in order. The Companion Animal Parasite Council recommends:

1.Regular deworming programs
2.Annual pet fecal examinations with appropriate anti-parasite treatment
3.Treatment to control fleas and ticks
4.Daily disposal of pet feces and compliance with pooper-scooper laws
5.Covering children’s sandboxes when not in use
6.Feeding cooked, canned, or dry pet food
7.Washing or cooking vegetables for human consumption
8.Adequate hand washing after exposure to feces or fecal contamination.

Dr. Ken Tudor

Posted by on January 5, 2014. Filed under CRITTER TALK. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

98 Responses to Are pet kisses a health benefit or a hazard?

1. Carol Maietta Reply

January 5, 2014 at 10:54 am

Thanks. I think, from what I read here, if you know your pet is free of these diseases, a pet lick now and then is OK. Actually, we are more at risk from human kisses that exchange saliva because we don’t ask a “date” for their blood test results :-)

2. Norman Rampart Reply

January 6, 2014 at 6:08 pm

My cats lick my face. Next doors dog licks my face. Two of my cats drink milk from a cup shortly before I drink said milk.

I read somewhere that cats saliva has more bugs and germs than any other creature.

If this is true I am clearly immortal.

Actually I often wake up in the morning with a cats bum on my face. This is not, I hasten to add, my fault nor my desire it just IS.

If you have a pet – or in the case of cats – an animal that owns your home and allows you to reside there too as long as you feed them and love them – then, frankly, getting licked by said animal is a small price to pay.

Anyway, given my former life style I reckon I’m allergic to rabies and it wouldn’t dare come near me ;-)

Sorry. I’m just a bit daft x

January 7, 2014 at 11:53 am

I’ve had dogs and cats all my life and all my life I’ve had my face licked, and I’m still alive and relatively healthy.

February 12, 2014 at 2:41 pm

No you aren’t. My little rescue min pin drinks out of my tea cup and the cats like to have a spoonful of ice cream when I eat it and they get it from the same spoon I use. If I am going to die I will die and if it animal related I will die doing what I love. Oh noez, I said the love word again with animals. I am going to burn in hellfire for this my friends. I’ll save you all seats and make sure the bar has good liquor.

3. Maddie Carlsson Reply

February 11, 2014 at 5:14 pm

One must not and should not condone bestiality in any way shape or form. It is an abhorrent act that, sadly is all too legal in the US. It’s legal in Alabama, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kentucky, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming and the District of Columbia.

Legal or not, you should not be sharing articles that encourage zoophilia, it is quite simply wrong.

Repeat: bestiality is a crime.

February 11, 2014 at 5:58 pm

What ridiculous, absolute BULLSHIT. No one is talking about bestiality here you idiot. Read the article. I sense, however, that you’re a Jesus Jumper and that you find animals to be filthy, low disgusting creatures without souls. Billions of people disagree with you, so go the fuck away.

• Leah Reply

February 12, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Maddie, are you on crack? Did you read the article? This is about an animal licking your FACE not having sex with animals…. that you would go to that..

February 12, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Her and her friend are some screwed up individuals Leah. We rarely get such types and when we do I block them. This is probably the craziest of the crazies, and it’s so bizarre it might well be some sort of nutty game. Regardless this level of nuttiness is worth observing. Shows us just how many mentally unbalanced folk there are in the USA.

February 12, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Oh come on man, don’t block them. My troll mojo is diminishing and I have to practice.

February 12, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Says a LOT more than the article does, does it not?

February 12, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Seriously, you compare a lick from a dog or cat to be bestiality? That tells me a lot more about you that you would think that than it does the author of this posting. You’ve heard the saying “methinks the lady doth protest too much” and you do know what projection is right? It’s ok if you are friendly with the animals, kinda kinky and nasty, but if that’s your deal own it.

You need to get your head out of your ass to know what bestiality is, let me help you with that. Fuckin mules is bestiality, same with fuckin horses, cows and sheep and any other specimens of creature. Do you also know that your god watches you touch yourself in the shower or bath and that can be construed as gay sex, because it’s you touching a same sex person. Yep, it is and don’t say it isn’t because it is you touching a same sex person and that is against all the teachings of your buybull according to those who believe in the book of how to survive the after life. Look it up, I’ll wait.

• Bill Formby Reply

February 12, 2014 at 6:36 pm

You are absolutely friggin nuts.

4. Maddie Carlsson Reply

February 11, 2014 at 6:33 pm

How dare you!

I have just read your profile and, you actually say yourself, you are a self-confessed animal lover! It makes me sick to the stomach!

Your use of language is appalling too.

February 11, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Bestiality? Really? Of course I love animals, you fucking idiot, which is why I reacted so strongly to your bizarre post, which you clearly did not read. Secondly, I doubt you are an animal lover, otherwise you would know that animal lovers allow “kisses” between themselves and their pets. It’s a fun, happy thing and you are trying to make it out to be a sexual thing, and that makes me angry. So, take your Christian bullshit out of here or I will block you from posting. I despise hypocritical bible thumpers such as yourself. If you have a complaint about my language simply use the contact form on any page of the website.

• Maddie Carlsson Reply

February 12, 2014 at 4:10 am

So you admit it again: you love animals, you are an animal lover that allows animals to kiss him and at the same time you hate christians. I suggest you hate christians because they say things like, “And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion.” Leviticus 18:23 ESV.

I am not a christian just a concerned US citizen looking out for poor defenceless animals. I have read that zoophilia is rampant in parts of the US and I can not and will not condone it.

February 12, 2014 at 9:03 am

There’s nothing to “admit” you lunatic. Billions of people love their animals, and I am one of them. What I don’t love are psychologically imbalanced nut jobs like you. As to your ridiculous biblical quote who the fuck is “lying” with an animal? I’m beginning to think you’ve just escaped from the local loony bin and have decided to harass rational thinking people with your irrational views. Now, once again, go the fuck away.

• Maddie Carlsson Reply

February 12, 2014 at 9:31 am

You infuriating and stomach-churning Neanderthal! You’re the one encouraging love for animals. I appreciate the bible is mostly nonsense, you brought that up, not I.

I am here to help protect animals not help you and your ilk lie with them. I think I am going to vomit.

February 12, 2014 at 10:07 am

Now who is tossing out insults with no proof at all? We are not using insults, we are describing you accurately as proven by your own posts. Only a total moron would confuse “animal lover” with bestiality. “Methinks she doth protest too much.” Are you projecting your innermost desires and fears about yourself on others?

Yes, we are encouraging people to care for animals and not abuse them. You are abusing people; something that is far worse.

Please vomit in your shoes. You are the worst example of a human being anyone is likely to see, ever,

• Timmy Mahoney Reply

February 12, 2014 at 10:11 am

Oh my gawd! Are you kidding me? I’m with Mike and James. You are one sick FUCK! Accusing animals lovers of having sex with their pets? Crazy bitch. I feel sorry for your family although they are probably just like you. Now do the world a favor and go kill yourself.

February 12, 2014 at 2:15 pm

You are here to protect animals huh? How do you manage to protect yourself on a daily basis being as stupid as you seem to be?

February 12, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Damn Mike. Calm yourself man or you will have a stroke and this bitch isn’t worth it.

February 12, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Oh no. I love a good battle Jess, even with the dull and ignorant. They too have their story :-)

February 12, 2014 at 9:19 am

What always amazes me is how obdurately dumb people like you are. I understand that, to believe in any religion you must first embrace willful ignorance and discard anthy8ing resembling rational thinking.

But you are simply being actively obnoxious and pretending stupidity that is not possible for anyone that can find the power key on their computer.

Do you have someone to tie your shoes and feed you?

• Maddie Carlsson Reply

February 12, 2014 at 9:36 am

You know nothing about me. You all seem obsessed with religion here. Religion and animals. Who are you anyway and why are you replying to me? Are you another ‘animal lover’?

I am not being obnoxious, it is yourself and Mike who are throwing the insults around like two little boys in the kindergarten playground.

I can tie my shoe-laces and feed myself you dreadful little man.

February 12, 2014 at 10:02 am

You are not only being deliberately obnoxious, you are demonstrating a smug satisfaction in being a determined asshole.

I am someone who does not tolerate stubborn stupidity well at all. That’s exactly what you are doing, being stubbornly stupid.

You are demonstrating that you want to equate “animal lover” with bestiality instead of a person that cares for all creatures “great and small” and believes in protecting them and opposing any form of animal abuse.

You are an obnoxious liar and ethical coward. Plea go away and spread your insane ignorance somewhere else.

• Leah Reply

February 12, 2014 at 12:18 pm

James I think that your reply might have too many syllables for her to understand.

February 12, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Oops, you make a good point. Not that I think anything anyone else says would make an imression anyway. Her mind is made up, don’t confuse her with facts. :)

February 12, 2014 at 10:14 am

We know more about you than you think. You may live in Miami, and at the moment you are relatively close to the Freedom Tower and not too far from the Dade County courts, which is where you should be, in front of a judge, being sentenced to the local nut house.

• flobflo Reply

February 12, 2014 at 10:23 am

You typed this:

““And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion.” Leviticus 18:23 ESV.

You typed this:
              “You all seem obsessed with religion here.”

And this:

You all seem obsessed with religion here. Religion and animals.

I fear for any animals you come in contact with…

February 12, 2014 at 10:34 am

Me too my friend. Me too! Thanks for stopping by.

February 12, 2014 at 11:46 am

Right! We’re obsessed with religion but are not the ones taking it seriously enough to become deluded idiots.

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Oh, my, Maddie. You were right about these guys. There’s a lot more of them than you said there were but they are all full of hate, except for animals. They love animals just like you said they did. Oh, my. I don’t know how you think Michael is the Neanderthal, James Smith looks much more devolved but I can’t see a picture of Michael.

They need to know: BESTIALITY IS A CRIME! Yes, you can love animals, BUT NOT LIKE THAT!

Anyhow Maddie, how’s Joe? I don’t think he’d take too kindly to some of these folk.

(They think you’re in Miami! :))

February 12, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Wow, another wacko heard from. Are you simply a troll or a liar, hypocrite and fool, too?

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Wow, James. You really know how to treat a gal don’t you?

Maddie might be worried by your level of abuse, she is 68 after all, but I know how to cope with a horses ass like you. I probably shouldn’t have said ‘horses ass’ should I. You probably have an erection now, you pathetic little man.

February 12, 2014 at 1:41 pm

FYI, you arrogant PoS. I am 71. You couldn’t cope with anything, you are a complete jerk with no brains, ethics, or common sense.

You are another pathetic moron that loves to spout off shit on the internet you would never dare say to my face.

• Denise Motta

February 12, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Old enough to know better, slime ball.

• James Smith

February 12, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Yep, you’re repeating yourself again. Life must be very simple for you. To you, everything you want to believe or say must be true, so no need for evidence or thinking. Neither of which is something you would know anything about.

I know better then to make statements and insults I cannot prove. Fortunately, with the two of you, all the proof is provided in your own posts. Thank you for saving me the trouble of looking anything up.

Oh, and is Maddie simply making a mistake? Is she confused or perhaps suffering from early onset dementia. Now that I think about it that seems highly possible, even probable. If so, my apologies to her.

What’s your excuse? You simply enjoy being stupid?

February 12, 2014 at 2:18 pm

So what is it you do with that horses ass Denise. Does shit like that get your panties wet and melting or what? Seems to me it does, as strongly as you and your girlfriend up talking about animal sex. Same thing happens when all those macho men start thinking about the gays having sex, gets them all hot and bothered. You people are putting WAY TOO MUCH thought into animal sex for me to believe you are just vanilla women. Fly your freak flag baby. It’s nasty as shit, but you go ahead on and fly that flag high so we know who to avoid. Thanks for your cooperation.

• Denise Motta

February 12, 2014 at 2:29 pm

What a fabulous post, Jess!

February 12, 2014 at 3:21 pm

You know, I am beginning to think this might be Joe doing some more performance art. If so, I am going to be so upset with myself if he says it is him.

February 12, 2014 at 12:27 pm

There’s a “Joe?” Poor guy.

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Michael, I can see why Maddie called you a Neanderthal now although I would place you closer to Australopithecus Afarensis.

February 12, 2014 at 1:41 pm

That would make you a “Lucie.”

• Denise Motta

February 12, 2014 at 1:54 pm

You’re a slime mould. A very, very slimey one.

• James Smith

February 12, 2014 at 2:00 pm

How sad, you’re running out of insults already. Never mind that you cannot prove any of them, your brain has been overloaded anyway.

February 12, 2014 at 3:49 pm

LOL! Gotta love that Google. I’ll avoid the latin and just tell you I don’t give a fuck what you think you gormless weed.

• Jess

February 12, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Gormless Weed excellent name for a band my friend, EXCELLENT.

• Michael John Scott

February 12, 2014 at 5:54 pm

February 12, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Poor bastid, probably doping his ass up right now so he doesn’t have to deal with the shit when he gets home. You have to feel for a guy like that, living surrounded by such batshit insanity.

February 12, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Here comes the girl to help the boys in the playground with the insults. He’s a big man, srsly, he is. Got a big bushy beard and everything. You two came in here to sling shit and are shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, that people aren’t going along with you. Oh and pee esss this place allows comments. I know, it shocked me too, the first time even, when I thought no comments were allowed to see all manner of people leaving these wordy, sentencey, paragraphy things after they hit the reply box so others could answer them. It’s like a Xmas miracle in February that Mike allows commenting here. Gets me to feeling all the feels, when someone finds out he does allow comments.

5. Theda Bara Reply

February 12, 2014 at 11:23 am

Dear Maddie,
    What country are you from? Are you aware that the term love does not always mean carnal knowledge? I love books. I do not fuck books. I love gardening. I do not fuck my vegetables. I love traveling. I do not fuck the airplane that gets me places. I love my daughter. I do not fuck her. I love my dogs. I do not fuck them. My dogs lick my face and it is not any different to me that the hugs and kisses my daughter gives me. If when I tell you that I love my dogs you automatically jump to the conclusion that I have sex with my dogs perhaps you should contact a therapist or at the very least consult a dictionary. Actually I’ll spare you the 2 seconds it took me to look it up. Definitions posted below. My favorite is the example sentence for #1. I guess in your mind sentence #2 would be “And then they fuck them.”

love

noun

1. an intense feeling of deep affection.

“babies fill parents with intense feelings of love”

2. a person or thing that one loves.

“she was the love of his life”

3.(in tennis, squash, and some other sports) a score of zero; nil.

“love fifteen”

1.feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone).

“do you love me?”

February 12, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Theda, don’t bring facts into it. They don’t like that at all since they are the ones bringing up the bestiality they own it lock stock and barrel.

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Oh, how fabulous, Jess!

6. Marsha Woerner Reply

February 12, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I think that we got off on a really bad foot here! Maddie Carn, you say that you are one who respects animals, and you wish them no harm. I think you are misinterpreting the phrase “animal lover” to mean one who sleeps with animals. Having spoken with these guys on the net a lot, I can assure you that that is NOT the case. I think that I can honestly say that we are all “animal lovers” here, without meaning that any of us has any desire whatsoever to have carnal relations with anything other than another human. Because we/they feel it so strongly, the interpretation is that you are being deliberately dense. I certainly hope that that is not the case, and you really are just misunderstanding.
    On the topic, as most of you probably know, I’m a cat person. Cats don’t frequently lick you, although they do sometimes, and it’s a wonderful tickly feeling. I did used to share fudgisicles with my cat, Fargo – share as in I licked it, he licked it, I liked it, etc. you get the idea. My baby brother told me that was really kind of gross, but so be it. is certainly never got sick from it. But I do admit that when I was pregnant, I had my husband’s scoop the litterboxes. That whole eggs in the feces thing with the idea of toxoplasmosis and fetuses and birth defects and whatnot…

February 12, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Marsha you are making sense with reasonable, rational, observations, which, unfortunately, these two will refuse to understand. Anyway you put it quite well and that’s exactly the reality of “loving” animals.

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Thanks Marsha, I’ll talk to her. Maddie hates to hear about animal abuse and zoophilia and when she was heard about a website that said it was OK to kiss animals, I guess she just flipped.

I must say though, some of the people commenting here have been most unfriendly and downright rude. It is probably better if she doesn’t visit here again. Let’s hope Joe doesn’t find out about this!

February 12, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Maddie is a wacko. What if Joe finds out? What’s he going to do? Is that supposed to be a rather thinly veiled threat?

You call it being rude when we point out that she’s being amazingly ignorant and stubbornly stupid? But she isn’t rude to falsely accuse people of crimes with animals? Oh, the christian double standard again.

Really, we are just being honest and stating what she has made obvious. Or is that concept too difficult for you?

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Maddie is not a wacko and how should I know what Joe will do?

Maddie made a simple mistake based on her passion for animal welfare. You, on the other hand, are quite obviously a naturally venomous individual who is more than happy to bully and insult an old lady you know nothing about.

Why are you are still ranting about christians? Maddie is not religious. She finds those quotes on the internet and uses them to help her communicate to religious people, like Nicole Draper, who you have casually insulted with your comments.

Get off your high horse, James, you have nothing to be proud of. If I had to guess, I would guess that you have been drinking.

February 12, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Tell me, what did I say that was not true? Every word she posted on here was accusatory, borderline psychotic and astoundingly stupid. Pointing out what she demonstrated with her post is not bullying. It’s being honest. You should try it sometime.

You’re the one on a “high horse. You ignore direct questions and continue to spout more insulting nonsense without a shred of proof.

I have far more to be proud of that an lying fool like you will ever have. So STFU and slink away like the slimy little worm you are.

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Every word you posted was mean spirited, unkind and designed to hurt Maddie. You are a most morally objectionable man and I am not surprised that you have been drinking given how you behave. In fact, it would be much, much shameful if you had typed any of this sober.

February 12, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Oh, and Maddie accusing us of bestiality with no proof was not designed to hurt anyone? Again. you are using the double standard. That shows what a mean-spirited, ignorant, unfair person you are.

Again, you ignore my question, what have I said that was not true>

Also, you accuse me of drinking when you have no evidence of that or that I even consume alcohol at all. But rational thinking and proving your insults just isn’t your way, is it?

FYI, bobo, (Portuguese for “fool”) I am sober as I always am. Nor am I a “morally objectionable man. (another unproven insult)

You, however have demonstrated that you are a liar, and a coward both intellectually and ethically. Evading direct questions and making all those accusations without evidence is solid evidence of that.

So keep it up. Every post you are making shows that I am right about both of you and you are exactly what I say you are.

Tell us, do you enjoy showing how ignorant and untruthful yu are in a public forum? Does it give you a cheap thrill to abuse yourself like that?

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Do you know how you come across?

February 12, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Horsehit. You idiots came over here thinking it was some kind of bestiality shit and went on without even looking into older posts to show how much we love and care for animals here. Go screw yourself with this bullshit this was mean and unkind. I can do mean and unkind and you haven’t seen that. Keep this crap up and you will.

February 12, 2014 at 2:30 pm

You are the one brought up the high and mighty Joe, so it should be very obvious you know the dude or why bring him into something he isn’t in.

February 12, 2014 at 3:48 pm

We don’t hate Christians who go about their business peacefully, without trying to recruit non-believers into the Army of the Lord, so don’t get carried away dipstick.

February 12, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Who is Joe and why should your threat of hope Joe doesn’t find out about this matter to anyone? What is he going to do, write a sternly worded anonymous post on a blog. Oooooh, I am really scared about that threat. Not, really but you go ahead and tell Joe to do a pre emptive go fuck yourself from Jessica. Unless, it’s Joe Hagstrom he is a cool dude. thanks

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 2:30 pm

You’re quite funny

February 12, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I know I am but you never answered the question about why should we care what some anon yahoo is going to say/

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I don’t understand the question

• Denise Motta Reply

February 12, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Oh, about Joe, you mean? Well, yes, what can he do apart from “write a sternly worded anonymous post on a blog”.

February 12, 2014 at 2:55 pm

What is he going to do? Tell us all we are really mean and unkind people and what, you’ll see bolts of lightning, thunder storms, snowfall, zombie apocalypse. Tell me what exactly can Joe do to me, sitting here behind a gate in my living room in California.

February 12, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Yeah. Our Joe is a cool dude indeed!

February 12, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Let me say this about that: fuck Joe. Strong letter to follow.

February 12, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Can’t say that or they may start accusing you of being one of them “gheyz” and you know that is worse than bestiality in these morons’ eyes.

February 12, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Oh no! Not that! In all seriousness I agree with you. People like this just hate, although I really think all of her “supporters” are actually one and the same person: the one who started it.

February 12, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Marsha Marsha Marsha. Look at you, trying to be all nice and polite to a couple of complete idiots. I doff my beanie to you but I am not being as nice, sorry I don’t have it in me today to suffer fools gladly.

7. Rachael Reply

February 12, 2014 at 12:37 pm

I’ve been a regular visitor to Mad’s House for a couple of years and this is probably the most bizarre convo I’ve ever seen. Maddie and friend you are some messed up dudes, but I think you’re probably just trolls.

8. Nicole Draper Reply

February 12, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I love all the animals on my hobby farm from our hunting dogs to our horses and no we don’t have sex with any of them that is gross. And I go to church every Sunday and Wednesday, I agree that laying with animals and loving them are two different things. God says to love all living creatures not just humans.

February 12, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Here! Here! I couldn’t agree more Nicole!

February 12, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I’ve never heard the term hobby farm before. What is that Nicole?

9. Jess Reply

February 12, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I got an earworm and I am not suffering any idiocy today. Now you all get to share in the worm. Love the worm, embrace the worm oh and all hail hypnotoad also too. Enjoy.

February 12, 2014 at 3:56 pm

All Hail the Hypnotoad, and then give him a GREAT BIG WET KISS!

February 12, 2014 at 4:43 pm

AYUP a GREAT BIG WET FRENCH kiss even. That should get a head or two exploding.

10. Dr Dean Fiddle Reply

February 14, 2014 at 9:39 am

It isn’t as if any rational person still believes the USA is a free country. Think about it. No-warrant wire taps, indefinite detention of citizens without charges, approval of rendition of prisoners and torture, stop and frisk without probable cause, search and seizure without a warrant, no-knock entry, confiscation and destruction of cameras that might have been used to film police acting illegally, police brutality, police shootings that go without investigation, managed news, and the civil-rights destroying “Patriot” Act.

Acts of police behaving illegally, with shootings, Tasers, and unwarranted violence now appear almost daily. Rarely are these offenses punished. Most often “an investigation” is claimed, but soon forgotten.

In addition, the USA, with perhaps 5% of the world population, has 25% of all of the prisoners in the world. That means the USA has the most people in prison of any nation in history. Even by percentage of residents incarcerated, not just sheer numbers. USA is # 1

Does any of that sound like a free country?

As Dwight D. Eisenhower said about communism, “It’s like slicing sausage. First they out off a small slice. That isn’t worth fighting over. Then they take another small slice that isn’t worth fighting over. Then another and another. Finally, all you have left is the string and that isn’t worth fighting over, either.”

• Joe Carlsson Reply

February 14, 2014 at 9:45 am

Be careful on here, Dean. I have am watching these clowns very closely.

February 14, 2014 at 10:00 am

Dean, you are fooling no one. We all know you like to post under multiple identities to make it appear as though someone agrees with anything you say.

BTW, what happened to that lecture at Harvard and your “thesis? Oops, awkward moment for you. You’re caught in more lies. That isn’t difficult as you have yet to tell the truth about anything.

February 17, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Now me, I don’t like clowns myself, they terrify me so you let me know when you see one so I can avoid it mkay?

February 14, 2014 at 9:57 am

Again, this troll, coward, liar, and plagiarist has copied and pasted a post of mine. This is one of the most despicable human beings on the planet. If he ever stops hiding and faces me personally, I will end his horror of a career permanently.

I’ll give a reward to anyone that positively identifies this asshole for me.

11. Joe Carlsson Reply

February 14, 2014 at 9:46 am

Which one of you zooplilics was harrassing my mother?

February 14, 2014 at 10:02 am

Dean, your mother probably disowned you long ago Who can blame he?. No one wants a liar, coward, troll, and stalker for a son.

Accept one of my offers to meet anywhere in the world at my expense. Oops, another bad moment for you. That would mean you’d actually have to be responsible for your lies.

February 17, 2014 at 8:00 pm

All of us Katie. Why, what you going to do about it big boy?

12. James Smith Reply

February 14, 2014 at 10:03 am

Mike, this is the asshole I was telling you abut. Let’s find this guy and put an end to his harassment. His ISP and the world should know what a worthless PoS this guy is.

He has been stalking me for a long time and I am really tired of his shit.

February 14, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I’m just going to SPAM him outta here James. We don’t need his shit man.

February 17, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Nah mang, leave him be and let him feel the wrath.

13. Rachael Reply

February 14, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I don’t think people like him are worth my time.