Senior Shopper Assaults Express Lane Scofflaw

About Michael Scott
Mr. Scott is a political junkie, and animal lover. He is also a U.S. Army veteran, career law enforcement executive and university professor. In addition he happens to own MadMikesAmerica which means he can write anything he wants, and often does.
View all posts by Michael Scott →

William Golladay Walmart2 Senior Shopper Assaults Express Lane Scofflaw

You know those “express” lanes at the supermarket and your local Walmart?  They’re the ones that say “20 Items or Less.”  Well not everyone pays attention to that rule, and some downright abuse it with carts full of groceries and goods.  Sure, it pisses me off, but not enough to go crazy like this guy:

The sign said 20 items or less, so 77-year-old William Golladay started counting. When the shopper ahead of him placed 22 items on the belt, police say Golladay wigged out on the 65-year-old man, reports NBC Miami.

He yelled, he got in his face, and, finally, he jammed his own shopping cart into the man’s elbow, say police in Florida’s Charlotte County. (The victim was in a motorized scooter.) Walmart managers escorted Golladay from the store, but he returned “with both fists raised,” says the police report cited by the Smoking Gun. Managers again intervened, the police arrived, and Golladay now faces felony charges of battery on a person 65 or older who just happens to be 12 years his junior.

Senior Shopper Assaults Express Lane Scofflaw
Posted by on January 18, 2014. Filed under NEWS. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

9 Responses to Senior Shopper Assaults Express Lane Scofflaw

1. jess Reply

January 18, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Well there’s a fine how do you do. Florida and a Walmart, too bad or maybe not, that there was no gun it would have hit the trifecta.

2. Michael John Scott Reply

January 18, 2014 at 12:24 pm

LOL…That was my first thought Jess. No gun?

3. James Smith Reply

January 18, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Two items over? I could consider that a cane of “can’t count” instead of “can’t read”.

When I lived in Boca Raton, FL I was consistently having little old ladies with blue hair crowding in front of me in stores. Finally, I decided that, next time, I would embarrass them so badly, they would slink away in shame.

Within a week, I was checking out in a grocery store, when sure enough, a woman with blue hair jammed her cart in front of mine, determined not to wait until my five items had been checked before her 40 items. (This was not an express lane)

Very loudly I said, “Excuse me ma’am, if being in front of me is more important to you than being a decent human being, be my guest.”

The woman glared ay me and in a heavy New York accent said, “Where the fuck you from?” Then forced her cart the rest of the way in front of mine. Someone did slink away, but no one with blue hair.

January 18, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I’ve never had that happen to me. My girlfriend tells me it’s because I have a “presence.” I guess I’ll take that.

• greenlight Reply

January 20, 2014 at 1:38 pm

That you do! I know that I wouldn’t dare cut in front of you in line. Although I do kind of like that steely-eyed look you get…

• smith Reply

January 19, 2014 at 1:28 am

correct response, “some place where they teach manners!” use this on the next blue hair

• James Smith Reply

January 19, 2014 at 6:43 am

Fortunately, I no longer live in FL but Brazil where there is nary a blue hair in sight.

They have their own style of being inconsiderate a times, but crowding ahead in lines isn’t it. Yes, they do get in express lanes with too many items, though.

4. Bill Formby Reply

January 18, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Hey, a six pack counts as only one item your idiot, not six.