Putin’s Lie: I Hope I Don’t Have to Use Force in Eastern Ukraine

About Michael John Scott
Mr. Scott is a political junkie, and animal lover. He is also a U.S. Army veteran, career law enforcement executive and university professor. In addition he happens to own MadMikesAmerica which means he can write anything he wants, and often does.
View all posts by Michael John Scott →
putin back in the day Putins Lie: I Hope I Dont Have to Use Force in Eastern Ukraine

Vladimir Putin today and yesterday. Pic courtesy of washingtontimes.com.

Uncle Vlad as he’s affectionately, albeit secretly known to his minions and friends, doesn’t always tell the truth.  One should not expect the truth from a former KGB agent, spy and provocateur back in those dark days of the Cold War when Mother Russia was the USSR.  So when he warned that although he had been authorized to send troops to Eastern Ukraine he hoped it wouldn’t come to that, it’s probably not the truth.

Putin, in a televised interview, noted that the Russian Parliament had unanimously approved using force in eastern Ukraine last month to protect ethnic Russians. He also ominously referred to the region as “new Russia,” clearly implying that Moscow had an absolute legitimate claim to the land and saying only “God knows” why it ever became part of Ukraine in the first place.

“I really hope that I do not have to exercise this right and that by political and diplomatic means we will be able to solve all of the sharp problems,” he said.

“The question is to ensure the rights and interests of the Russian southeast. It’s new Russia,” he added.

Putin’s rather foreboding remarks came shortly after Ukrainian troops killed three pro-Russian separatists, wounding a dozen more, and capturing roughly 63, if not more, in an overnight raid in eastern Ukraine.

The United States and Ukraine have challenged the Big Bear, accusing them of instigating the unrest, a charge Moscow denies, of course.  After all Uncle Vlad is a former spy and he doesn’t always tell the truth.

Putins Lie: I Hope I Dont Have to Use Force in Eastern Ukraine
Posted by on April 17, 2014. Filed under COMMENTARY/OPINION. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

8 Responses to Putin’s Lie: I Hope I Don’t Have to Use Force in Eastern Ukraine

1. rowdy62 Reply

April 17, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Make no mistakes about this guy. He is a liar, and he’s also a member of the USSR’s old guard which makes him every bit as dangerous as Adolf Hitler back in the day. If he doesn’t invade I will be shocked. Anyone want to wager he won’t?

2. Timmy Mahoney Reply

April 17, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Anyone who thinks any politician, particularly a Russian politician, is an all around good guy who has only the welfare of his people at heart should buy this piece of Florida land I’ve got for sale. Let me know.

3. Jess Reply

April 17, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Came for the gays first, now according to USA Today Jews in the area have to register and pay a fee for doing so. Scary times for those people over there to live through the 30s again. I wonder how all those right wing religious and non religious congress freaks that were all lining up to kiss his ass a couple weeks ago feel about him now.

• Marsha Woerner Reply

April 17, 2014 at 2:11 pm

“[A]ccording to USA Today Jews in the area have to register and pay a fee”
      Jess, Is that today’s USA Today? Time to get scared. REALLY scared! I was feeling lucky that I missed the whole Hitler era, but now…
      I just hope that international communities will not allow it to go as far as it could!
      Time to see if I can find today’s USA Today…

• Jess Reply

April 17, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Today’s USA Today Marsha. I sent Mike a link to the story and I see he has posted something about it. East Ukraine Jewish people are being asked to register and pay a fee for the privilege. This is what happened when Hitler came to power. Unions gone, gays rounded up and made to wear the pink triangle and of course the Jewish people having to wear the yellow star. I just do not understand the logic behind this hate against any group in the year 2014 at all.

4. anonymous Reply

April 17, 2014 at 8:14 pm

This man is dangerous and until major powers like the US understand it Putin will get away with murder…literally.

5. Norman Rampart Reply

April 19, 2014 at 6:00 am

Start building yer bomb shelters! Not looking very good is it?

6. Norman Rampart Reply

April 20, 2014 at 8:33 am

I’ve just sent MMA a contribution. I have interviewed a very good friend who is Ukrainian and a former member of the Soviet Union Special Forces. I was left with the distinct feeling even he is unsure which way to jump so to speak.