Was Missing Malaysian Flight 370 Seized By Aliens?

About Michael John Scott
Mr. Scott is a political junkie, and animal lover. He is also a U.S. Army veteran, career law enforcement executive and university professor. In addition he happens to own MadMikesAmerica which means he can write anything he wants, and often does.
View all posts by Michael John Scott →

Was Missing Malaysian Flight 370 Seized By Aliens?

Hey now, it’s not so farfetched you know.  After all the X-Files once covered this exact scenario, so you know it has to be true.  In point of fact, however, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has been missing for two months now, and a number of Americans think aliens are responsible.

Fully one-quarter of Americans think that Malaysia Air Flight 370 was either destroyed by terrorists, landed somewhere and is being kept hidden, or got stolen by aliens. Now let’s repeat that sentence: Fully one-quarter of Americans think that Malaysia Air Flight 370 was either destroyed by terrorists, landed somewhere and is being kept hidden, or, yes, got stolen by aliens.

According to a CNN poll three percent of adults say it is “very likely” that “space aliens, time travelers, or beings from another dimension,” had something to do with the plane vanishing and another six percent say that theory is at least “somewhat likely.”

Now if you think this sounds improbable, the space aliens theory is still more plausible than the physically impossible “random black hole” idea put forward by one CNN host.

Was Missing Malaysian Flight 370 Seized By Aliens?
Posted by on May 7, 2014. Filed under COMMENTARY/OPINION. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

10 Responses to Was Missing Malaysian Flight 370 Seized By Aliens?

1. Jess Reply

May 7, 2014 at 12:42 pm

In future I will be using these three letters instead of wordy statements when stupidity like this shows up. FFS. Imagine me in my CA girl accent saying ah for fucks sake and you will have the jist of my disgust.
    I just can’t anymore with idiots like this, srsly how do people like this manage to function in society being this stupid. Even Doctor Who and the Tomorrow People would laugh at this shit.

2. James Smith Reply

May 7, 2014 at 12:53 pm

As Albert Einstein said, “The only things that are infinite are the Universe and human stupidity. I’m not too sure about the Universe.”

3. Jim Moore Reply

May 7, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I’ve said before, I hope they find the plane, because many of the alternatives are unthinkable…but I think about them.

I must confess that I’m not clinging very tightly to my hypothesis that the plane was hijacked, hidden and passengers (separately) are being held hostage – with the announcement of said activities by the perpetrators on hold pending the full establishment of the “mystery.”
    When I proposed this, I admitted that it was far-fetched. It’s a bit paranoid for sure. But in the absence of facts that refute the hypothesis, it’s still possible.

The recent abductions of school girls by Boko Haram in Nigeria adds a twist to what might have happened to the passengers.

While Boko Haram is employing “old fashioned” al Qaeda PR techniques, and they are bursting with pride at their “accomplishments,” I see no reason why more sophisticated terrorists might not “make us wait” before taking credit for their actions. Aircraft are still among the best weapons extant for acts of terror, and a paint job would disguise the aircraft long enough to ensure that it could be flown into any number of high-value targets. Terrorists would have no reason to brag about the abduction of the plane (weapon) until after they attempted to use it as a weapon. Meanwhile, the passengers have immense value one at a time or as a group…on the slave market or as hostages or bomb delivery mules. Or they could have been mercilessly disposed of.

In the realm of possibilities, alien abduction is less likely than terrorist abduction. We do see that the plane has, for the moment, literally disappeared. The area where it is presumed to have crashed is so large as to be essentially undefined at all. The few data sources we have, none of which was designed to track aircraft, all point to pretty much nothing.

On the space alien front, we must apply some reasonable logic. I’ll grant you the aliens and their interest in Earth. The logic needs to be far more mundane than whether they exist. We must explore motives and methods…return on investment for making an interstellar trip to collect samples. We must attribute planning and mindful consideration for the way they’d reasonably spend their time. Cultural issues aside, we start with the assumption of a technologically advanced society with sophisticated equipment, the consumption of enormous amounts of energy to get here and considerable expense. So we must ask ourselves what they’d do when they got here. Abduct people from trailer parks??? Seems to be misguided.

“Civilized aliens” would surely have returned the humans by now. We all know how they work: the ACAPR rule – appear, confound, abduct, probe, return. And they can’t possibly be interested in commercial airliner technology. That’s so 30 years ago.

One can’t rule out the possibility that a new alien culture just arrived and is starting from scratch to understand our species, but even that possibility doesn’t rule out that they must be smart enough to realize that some backwater commercial flight isn’t a prize worth their time and treasure. Surely they’d have selected a more modern aircraft and chosen one that has more prestigious passengers aboard. I’m just sayin’. :-)

May 7, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I think I like the alien theory until I really think about the possible reasons behind it and what they could mean for mankind. I do, however, think that the plane went down somewhere over the Indian Ocean, and that it was probably a suicide. That’s one big ocean and the fact they’ve found nothing yet isn’t all that significant. One day, and it could be years from now, it will be found.

• James Smith Reply

May 7, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I agree. There will eventually found a more common reason for this. It will be a sad reason, but there it will be.

4. rowdy62 Reply

May 7, 2014 at 8:32 pm

I have to agree with Mr Smith. There will be a more common reason and it will be sad, but not unexpected.

5. Norman Rampart Reply

May 8, 2014 at 11:30 am

Aliens. Definitely aliens. An entire toilet roll was used in one day once in my house and I didn’t use it all!!! If aliens can use my bog roll they can sure as hell nick a plane!!!

“Yes dear….I forgot my medication again….”

• James Smith Reply

May 8, 2014 at 12:20 pm

As you must know, cats can often find it amusing to destroy a toilet roll. But they normally leave no doubt about what happened.

6. RickRayFSM Reply

May 10, 2014 at 2:27 pm

How about the plane entering another dimension and showing up in a different universe as a theory? Worm holes, black holes, aliens, all sci-fi possibilities. Where’s Spock & Kirk when you need them? Damn!