The Where, When and What To Expect At Trump’s Press Conference
President-elect Donald Trump listens to a question as he speaks to reporters at Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Fla. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci, File)
Well, it has certainly been a busy day in US politics, with the big item on the agenda being a Donald Trump news conference at 11am Eastern, on CNN and MSNBC. Pretty much every preview has the same item as No. 1 which is, of course, Russia.
Trump can expect a grilling about hacking claims and new, unsubstantiated allegations that Moscow has been collecting dirt on him. (Trump and Moscow have dismissed the sensational blackmail allegations as bogus.)
Here’s a look at what’s ahead:
- Politico has 13 questions for the president-elect, including whether anyone on his campaign had contact with the Kremlin in the run-up to the election. Read all the questions here.
- The Hill is curious about his demeanor. Will he be combative, or he will try to set a new tone with the media? Its “things to watch” preview is here.
- Among NPR’s questions: whether FBI chief James Comey will go. Read them all here.
- Expect the fate of ObamaCare and Trump’s appointment of son-in-law Jared Kushner to an advisory role to come up as well, predicts USA Today.
- Multiple confirmation hearings also take place Wednesday, with secretary-of-state designee Rex Tillerson the big one. The New York Times previews that and the others here.
- But as for Trump, the presser could be “a useful throat-clearing exercise for Mr. Trump to start trying out some of the themes of the presidency,” one presidential historian tells CNN.
- One group that will be watching closely is Wall Street investors, as CNBC explains.
Edited from Newser.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 MadMikesAmerica