Crazy Republicans: Obama a socialist who wants terrorists to win

A new poll of self-identified Republicans released Tuesday shows a large slice of the GOP believes President Barack Obama is a “socialist” who was not born in this country, should be impeached, wants the terrorists to win and only won the 2008 election because ACORN “stole” it for him.

The survey of 2003 self-identified Republicans, who typically trend much more conservative than voters who “lean” Republican, was conducted by Research 2000 for the liberal blog Daily Kos.

According to the poll, 63 percent of Republicans believe Obama is a socialist; 39 percent think Obama should be impeached; 24 percent said Obama wants “the terrorists to win”; and 31 percent agreed with the statement that Obama is “a racist who hates white people.”

Those numbers are just a portion of the results from the poll that paints the GOP as much more socially conservative — and in some cases conspiratorial — than most analysts would be willing to grant.

According to the survey, 36 percent of respondents do not believe the president was born in this country, and 21 percent think the liberal advocacy group ACORN stole the election for Obama.

Meanwhile, nearly a quarter of the Republicans polled, 23 percent, want their state to secede from the union.

Those polled also showed strong opposition to the expansion of gay rights.

Fifty-five percent said gays should not be allowed to serve openly in the military, while 77 percent opposed gay couples getting married and 68 percent believe gay couples should not receive “any state or federal benefits.” In addition, 73 percent said openly gay men and women should not be allowed to teach in public schools.

On other social issues the findings were similar.

Fifty-one percent of those polled believe sex education should not be taught in schools; 77 percent want creationism taught in schools; 31 percent want contraception outlawed; and 34 percent believe birth control is “abortion.”

Those polled showed excitement for this fall’s midterm election, as 83 percent said they plan to vote.

Among those surveyed, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is the favorite candidate for the 2012 presidential election.

Sixteen percent said they’d vote for Palin, tops in the field, though 42 percent said they are undecided. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney placed second with 11 percent, followed by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, and South Dakota Sen. John Thune.

Asked whether they thought Palin is more qualified than Obama to serve as president, 53 percent said yes.

Follow MadMike’sAmerica on Facebook and Twitter, and don’t forget to visit our HOME PAGE.

Posted by on February 2, 2010. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.

31 Responses to Crazy Republicans: Obama a socialist who wants terrorists to win

1. Four Dinners

February 2, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I like Groundhogs.

They’re cute….hic

pissed again….;-)

2. Infidel753

February 2, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Mean­while, nearly a quar­ter of the Repub­li­cans polled, 23 per­cent, want their state to secede from the union.

If they don’t like living in the United States, there’s a legal way to achieve what they prefer. It’s called emigration. If they want a society with no social safety net, no gay or women’s rights, and strict religious moral codes, Somalia should meet their needs. I’d even chip in toward their one-way tickets.

3. Holte Ender

February 2, 2010 at 4:20 pm

This is why the Republicans are obstructing everything Obama tries to do, because their loyal base expects it. How pathetic. If a serious thought entered their heads they wouldn’t know what it was. What a mob.

4. MadMike

February 2, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Hell I would be more than happy to pass the hat Infidel. Maybe I could get rid of a couple of neighbors…

5. MadMike

February 2, 2010 at 4:22 pm

They are a mob indeed Alan!

6. Beach Bum

February 2, 2010 at 5:47 pm

…and only won the 2008 elec­tion because ACORN “stole” it for him.

Such sentiment is dangerous, from either side, since those that feel elections are “stolen” instead of just admitting they lost, suck it up and trying again next time could very well resort to violence.

I can wait to hear the right-wingers howl after they are back in power and lefties start speaking of pulling out of the Union. All the right-wing talk of leaving the Union will be conveniently forgotten and they will bash the left for hating America.

This childish “I’m taking my ball and leaving if everyone won’t do as I say” stance coupled with the stolen election conspiracies does not bode will for the stability of the country.

7. MadMike

February 2, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Beach I read that the idiots who wanted to secede from the union were primarily, and almost exclusively, the southern states. I am not sure if SC were among them..

8. Jerry Critter

February 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm

This is one of the craziest polls I have ever seen. It just shows how out of touch self-proclaimed republicans really are.

These people as just bat-shit crazy.

• Jerry Critter

February 2, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I mean:

These people “are” just bat-shit crazy.

9. MadMike

February 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm

LOL Jerry…I get it. They are unjust bat shit crazy.. 🙂

10. osori

February 2, 2010 at 7:14 pm

I really,really don’t get it. You can talk to them, reason with them, give them links to PROVE this is all BS. And it doesn’t sink in.

ACORN stole an election. It’s easy enough to see where that came from. McCain and a lot of other Republicans parroted that tale. Some of their hires falsified registration forms, putting down Disney characters or pro football players names down.ACORN redflagged those entries and passed them along to the state. That’s called voter REGISTRATION fraud. Disney characters don’t vote.

You can throw the responsibility for all this crap right back on the Republican party. If they were a responsible organization they would deny this type of thing. Admit Obama’s a citizen. Admit he has no association with terrorism, no intention to create a Marxist state. All this other crap.

They have a right and a duty as a loyal opposition to attack a sitting president on the issues. But to use this type of mudslinging shows their total lack of character.

11. Will "take no prisoners" Hart

February 2, 2010 at 7:21 pm

It sounds like they polled Glen Beck’s viewers. I mean, seriously, think about it. These are all of HIS bread and butter issues.

12. MadMike

February 2, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Oso I am finally convinced they are nuts. Now all we need to do is find someone to convince them they are nuts.

13. Anonymous

February 2, 2010 at 8:00 pm

LOL Mike I hear you. Actually the solution is simple, just have Glen Beck announce it. The idiots believe everything he says anyhow.

If he’d just say “Folks you’re all a bunch of ignorant dumbasses and I’m head ignorant dumbass. Now turn off your TV and go get yourself a library card”.

14. osori

February 2, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I came up as anonymous. oh well.

15. osori

February 2, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Bruce Bartlett was an economic adviser in the Reagan administration. here’s his take on the poll:

16. Leslie Parsley

February 2, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Osori – as in “Oh, sorry”? ; )

“They have a right and a duty as a loyal oppo­si­tion to attack a sit­ting pres­i­dent on the issues. But to use this type of mud­sling­ing shows their total lack of character.”

Oh-so-right. But I have faith that it’s going to blow up in their faces before the fat lady sings.

17. osori

February 2, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Hi Leslie,
    yep we both got that right!

18. Beekeepers Apprentice

February 2, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Maybe it’s an indicator of what the atrocious educational values in this country have led to. Half the population dumber than a bag of hammers.

19. Will "take no prisoners" Hart

February 2, 2010 at 10:08 pm

It just came to my awareness that this poll was conducted by the Daily Kos. Yikes! I’m not completely sure that I’m on board with it any more. They’re the left-wing version of Fox News. And, besides, just like the President so eloquently said, when we try this hard to so vociferously paint the opposition as evil, it’s very hard later to negotiate with them. The President’s a very wise man.

20. Lazersedge

February 3, 2010 at 1:58 am

I am so tired of this crap I could puke. Screw all these these fuck heads and the horses they rode in on. I just don’t want to hear any more of their bullshit. Anyone got a M-80 they aren’t using?

21. MadMike

February 3, 2010 at 9:40 am

I like Oso AKA anonymous’ suggestion. Just have Glenn Beck announce that they are really dumber than rocks.

22. MadMike

February 3, 2010 at 9:42 am

Will I heard on CNN that the Daily Kos commissioned it but it was conducted by some major, highly reputable poll group. I can’t remember the name of it…Naturally 🙂

23. MadMike

February 3, 2010 at 9:43 am

Bill I agree. It is as Mrs. Bee said: this speaks to the educational values of our country. I mean almost half of Americans believe this shit!??

24. Stimpson

February 3, 2010 at 12:55 pm

the poll was conducted by Research 2000. here’s their website: About Us

More info on them (including clients) at a third-party website: Research 2000

the middle of the road is for dead skunks, will

25. MadMike

February 3, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Thanks Stimpson.

26. Hill

February 3, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Proof-positive that a vast portion of the population (the repukes, of course), intake more than the daily recommended dosage of lead paint.

Grrrrrr

27. MadMike

February 3, 2010 at 6:42 pm

LOL LOL Hill!!!

(((H)))

28. Will "take no prisoners" Hart

February 3, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I’ll check out the source, Stimpson. I generally don’t trust the polls of those with an agenda (and, yes, if these folks aren’t possessive of one, that will help). As for the middle of the road, I’m going to have to take my chances there. I’m not a “joiner”. Plus, you have to stay alert there.

29. Beach Bum

February 3, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Beach I read that the idiots who wanted to secede from the union were pri­mar­ily, and almost exclu­sively, the south­ern states. I am not sure if SC were among them..

Nope, while the Southern secession is the most “organized” there is a large liberal group in Vermont wanting to break away as well as native Hawaiians stilled rightfully pissed off at our imperial annexation in the late 19th century. Stella use to have a link at Swiftspeech to a Californian secessionist movement and I know from reading one of the crazy fascists chicks column that some guy in San Fran seriously wants to break the Bay area off into its own little country. Add to that Palin’s husband is still part of the Alaskan Independence party and a “small” group in Oregon and Washington that want to form something either called the country of Olympia or Cascadia (see http://zapatopi.net/cascadia/ on that one.)