Most pirated movies of 2010

TorrentFreak announced a list of the top-ten most pirated films of 2010. The sci-fi epic Avatar was the most pirated film of the year. James Cameron’s blockbuster was downloaded 16.6m times on one file-sharing site alone, TorrentFreak said.

Second on the list was comic book action film Kick-Ass, with 11.4m downloads, followed by Leonardo DiCaprio in Inception with 9.7m. Last year’s top-pirated film was JJ Abrams’ Star Trek reboot, which was downloaded close to 11m times.

The Top-Ten Pirated Movies of 2010

1. Avatar – 16,580,000 downloads

2. Kick-Ass – 11,400,000 downloads

3. Inception – 9,720,000 downloads

4. Shutter Island – 9,490,000 downloads

5. Iron Man 2 – 8,810,000 downloads

6. Clash of the Titans – 8,040,000 downloads

7. Green Zone – 7,730,000 downloads

8. Sherlock Holmes – 7,160,000 downloads

9. The Hurt Locker – 6,850,000 downloads

10. Salt – 6,700,000 downloads

avatar pirate movie of the year 2010 most downloadsStep away from the laptop sir and watch out for my tail please

Posted by on December 22, 2010. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

10 Responses to Most pirated movies of 2010

1. John Myste Reply

December 22, 2010 at 9:57 am

Speaking of Salt, I read one review of it, which said it was horrible. Can someone say it is good? How could it be bad with Angelina Jolie. All she has to do is sit there and it would still be a good movie.

• Holte Ender Reply

December 22, 2010 at 10:22 am

I saw it John, it was almost a good movie. Very much based on the “Bourne” trilogy. They left it open for a sequel.

2. Jess Reply

December 22, 2010 at 10:46 am

**Sniff, sniff** I wake up this cold Festivus morning and what do I see when I am sitting with my tea and refresh the page at the Mad house? My Festivus present right there for all to see at the top of the page. Thank you, you woke me right up with him right at the top of the page. How did you know this is what I wanted for the holiday Seinfeld made up? 🙂

• A Michael J. Scott Reply

December 22, 2010 at 11:07 am

LOL Jess! So glad MMA can make your day 🙂 By the way, did I ever tell you that I love JD, in a manly sort of way of course 🙂

• Jess Reply

December 22, 2010 at 11:14 am

Now if you really wanted to make my day, you could make him appear at my door one of these days. Mike, nothing wrong with a bro-mance here and there. My husband has a bromance going for Eric Bana, has for a long time. I believe he would turn gay for him if that was a choice.

3. A Michael J. Scott Reply

December 22, 2010 at 11:09 am

I have seen every movie on this list, except for Kick-Ass and Salt both of which I have never heard of….Wait! I forgot. Inception. I am going to watch that today so that my friend Alan can explain it to me 🙂

• Jess Reply

December 22, 2010 at 11:25 am

Pay attention to it is all I can say. You will like this movie, I am certain of it. I’ve watched it a few times already, only because of Tom Hardy but that’s my shallow self doing that.

• The Lt. Reply

December 22, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I loved Inception and have actually watched it five times, because, I must confess, the first time was a little hard to follow but that may have had something to do with the 6-Pack of Budweiser.

• Jess Reply

December 22, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Oh I know exactly that experience you speak from Lt ;).

4. Stella by Starlight Reply

December 23, 2010 at 12:56 am

Damn, I thought this post would be a review of the new Pirates movie with Johnny Depp and Ian McShane (Al Swearingen in Deadwood). I hope the movie is half as good as the actors.

Well, I’m off topic, so just pretend I wasn’t here.