Harold Camping reveals new rapture date

May 21 was just a pre-tribulation rapture-the real second coming and new rapture date is Oct. 21

rapture, tribulations, pre-tribulations, the second coming, jesuschrist, jesus, the bible, rapture theory,christians, lord

The Rapture is God’s Wrath at the Second Coming (if you believe that crap)

Well apparently reading the bible, and trying to predict a bible prophecy like when is the rapture happening, and what is the new rapture date,  is like trying to read the racing sheet and trying to accurately predict the winner.  No doubt folks like Harold Camping, a self-styled scripture fortune teller, need special training in 1 Thessalonians, and maybe Mathew 24, because determining when Jesus Christ is coming to fulfill the left behind bible prophecy, is a real revelation.  Now, I have no doubt that the new rapture date, the second coming of Jesus, is a really big deal, especially if you believe the whole Jesus is Lord, the end times, God, heaven, doctrine, nonsense.

For more on the latest rapture, end of earth stuff, and the new rapture date check out this little summary:

Harold Camping’s, who is said to have spent over 100M on rapture ads, new favorite phrase: Better late than never. The California preacher has an easy explanation for why the rapture never came to pass on Saturday: He was five months off. Doh! What a tribulation! The actual rapture will be Oct. 21. That’s it! It’s the new rapture date. He had originally said that was the day on which the planet would be consumed by a fireball. It turns out Saturday was “an invisible judgment day not the rapture” in which a spiritual judgment took place, he said. But the timing and the structure is the same as it has always been, Camping added in a statement to the press tonight.

“We’ve always said May 21 was the day of the rapture, but we didn’t understand altogether the spiritual meaning of the rapture,” he explained. “May 21 is the day that Christ came and put the world under judgment.” He added that he felt so horrible when his doomsday prediction did not come true that he left home and took refuge in a motel with his wife. AP notes that this is the second time he hasn’t gotten it right; Camping previously predicted the Apocalypse would come in 1994, but said it didn’t happen then because of a mathematical error.

So that being said, when is Jesus really coming?  The rapture didn’t take place as expected, but Harold, now hiding in a motel, is still doing the rapture math so he will no longer force his loyal believers to expect the tribulations when it’s only pre-tribulations after all.  So is this really the new rapture date? What do you think? If you are you waiting for the next rapture or not please let us know in the comments.

Posted by on May 24, 2011. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

22 Responses to Harold Camping reveals new rapture date

1. acro Reply

May 24, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Hahahahaha! This guy never gives up? He ran and hid in a motel because the rapture didn’t happen? LOL LOL!

2. Max Reply

May 24, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Camping’s calculations were wrong and his assumptions naive, but Rapture and Judgment Day are still relevant! Humanity needs to know the truth. Listen to this very compelling recording from a new spiritual group that is making waves and getting the word out to be spiritually prepared with more than a simple prayer and some bible verses.

• Teeluck Reply

May 24, 2011 at 9:35 pm

The Rapture thing is garbage

3. Jess Reply

May 24, 2011 at 2:09 pm

This old coot deserves to have his tax exempt status taken away as a con man. Wonder if all the rubes that gave money to him, the NY 140k guy, wonder if they will ask for their money back from this multi millionaire. I’m telling you, somwehere PT Barnum is pissed off, knowing he was born a century too late.

I’m looking into becoming a pastor myself, hey if LDS can say Jesus walked on American soil in the 1800s so can I, except it won’t be Jesus and my name isn’t Prophet Smith. I’ll go with Jake Gyllenhaal or Johnny Depp, someone where there is an actual historical reference of them – you know, being real people. I can see it now, all on your knees for Jake and Johnny, know how many women and some men I could attract with this slogan, yeah so do I 🙂

• jenny40 Reply

May 24, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hey Jess! You go girl! By the way how was the Pirate’s movie?

• Jess Reply

May 24, 2011 at 2:57 pm

It was way different than the last one imo. But then JD could read the phone book and I would say that it was different and brilliant 🙂 It was all over the place plot wise and took too long, to my liking, to get to the meat of the story. Recently I just finished watching the whole Deadwood series, because it being referenced here at the Madhouse, and Ian McSane was fantastic there, in this movie not so much, it’s almost like he was just there to be there if that makes sense. It was great overall though and yes I will be seeing it again Friday, with our nephews, because they need an adult to supervise because it’s pg13, so I am going to sacrifice and bring them 🙂

4. johnnyboy9to5 Reply

May 24, 2011 at 2:13 pm

i dont believe man can predict a gods scedule. jesus crist died for is and we couldnt predict that.
    If i asked you when did the wright brothers make it possible for man to fly, could you get the answer from the mayon clock?

youtube.com/imon9to5tv

5. jenny40 Reply

May 24, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Have you and Max ever actually seen Jesus Johnny? I suspect not, because it’s one of those “faith” things. I know, and as to your analogy I doubt the Mayans knew anything more about it than they did Jesus. Also the Mayans didn’t predict the end of the world through a bonehead like Harold Camping.

6. camping Reply

May 24, 2011 at 3:33 pm

LOOK IM SORRY I COST YOUR JOBS IN YOUR LIFES AND THE SWEET CASH YOU GAVE ME I INSURE YOU IT”S OCTOBER 21 THIS TIME

• Jess Reply

May 24, 2011 at 3:46 pm

🙂 Maybe, just a suggestion here, you should use some of those millions you have conned good people out of and invest in caps LoCk training. What will you be “insuring” us against the not rapture, the really, really this time it’s happening rapture, or a rupture because we will laugh at you again enough to make our eyes rupture with laughter tears? These are things that make up just some of the questions I have. Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

7. Art Muncher Reply

May 24, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I’ll be holding my breath. Yea, right.

8. cillian Reply

May 24, 2011 at 4:34 pm

what an idiot

9. Jihad punk Reply

May 24, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I met a bloke called Brian on Saturday…Jesus is definitely here….;-)

10. Boomer Reply

May 24, 2011 at 5:24 pm

At the local diner in our “very” small town, where all the ranchers and cowboys gather early to start their day with a good breakfast, talk was lively about Camping’s prediction. Some were reserved in their opinions while a few laughed and mocked the old man. Saturday morning we all gathered as usual but everyone was looking at the small town park across the street from the diner. There was a pair of old cowboy boots with dry ice inside to look like smoke coming from them, with Wrangles, shirt, and an old hat nearby with a small handwritten sign which read: “Holier than thou. Left early to plead for you wretched sinners.” It made my day.

Boomer, deep in the heart of Texas

11. Jihad punk Reply

May 24, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I’ve been thinking…which is unusual for me…

Do any of us actually give a shit?

If you say ‘yes’ then fuck off up to Heaven and leave us poor souls to get pissed eh?

12. Teeluck Reply

May 24, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Well… this time the old fuck got it right…I was born on Oct 20, so the very next day I put the world on judgement watch…I am now ready to pass judgement…so be it, after I run a good drunk on my Birthday Oct 20, you are all fucked!

• Jess Reply

May 24, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Hey won’t your wife have issues with all that fucking of us you are going to be doing, or will she consider that a birthday present 😉

13. lazersedge Reply

May 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm

God loves a good joke doesn’t he?

14. burnin ervin Reply

June 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm

What a fuckin tool. All religion is a fuckin joke based on fear. The truth is, there is no heaven or hell. It’s just an imaginary tale those use as a fear tactic to do what they want you to.

15. Pingback: Gothology Comics - Comic anthology Theatre of Tragedy: New Deadline for Artists

16. Fett Reply

October 15, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Campings prediction is just one mans guess. Jesus will come when he is good and ready to come. It says in the bible that no man will know when the end will come. Camping needs to stop trying to predict Jesus’s return! For those who do believe in Jesus they shouldnt worry about anything anyhow. The end could be tomorrow? Nobody knows! Just enjoy life here while we are here and not worry about a mans prediction that is batting 0%. When the rapture occurs I feel I will be ready, or atleast hope I am chosen. Camping you need to preach the word not try to predict it. I give you kudos for giving it a shot, but somethings are just unpredictable and in no way would Jesus and God ever let a man tell the world when they are going to return. Just like Santa Claus, he will come when everyone is asleep, or unaware.

17. Haroldtards Reply

October 27, 2011 at 11:51 am

Haroldtards:
    Followers and believers in Harold Camping’s prophecy’s.