Widgetized Section

How God Guides Rapture 2011

This little beauty is from the very talented folks at TheOatmeal.com. Enjoy…

Jesus Rollerblading Christ provided for your well-being.

Obligatory hat tip to The Far Side.
Also, Forkparty has some bigtime LOL Twitter reactions to the 2011 Rapture.

Many thanks to the great folks at TheOatmeal.com for making our day.  We appreciate you!

Posted by on May 21, 2011. Filed under atheism/agnostic/spiritual,Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

14 Responses to How God Guides Rapture 2011

1. jenny40 Reply

May 21, 2011 at 12:14 am

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! How funny. I’m so glad I got up to go to the bathroom. This is the best. Happy rapture…

• A Michael J. Scott Reply

May 21, 2011 at 12:22 am

I got up to do the same thing Jenny. I couldn’t resist looking at the computer either. Glad you liked it.

2. daryl Reply

May 21, 2011 at 12:19 am

Hee hee heee. This is the best dang thing I’ve seen since I dumped God and Microsoft. Hahahahaha. Can’t stop laughing.

3. CitationMan Reply

May 21, 2011 at 12:43 am

You should cite your sources. This, for instance, was published by The Oatmeal (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/rapture) and the artist at least deserves credit (considering that he asks on his website that you not steal his work).

• A Michael J. Scott Reply

May 21, 2011 at 12:45 am

You need to look close before you criticize, and by the way, where did they get it?

• CitationMan Reply

May 21, 2011 at 12:54 am

I apologize if I missed your citation; the byline reads A Michael Scott, the comic links back to this page, and no citation to theoatmeal.com is present on this page. You cited oatmeal.com and linked to http://www.oatmeal.com which I’m sure is a great site but is not the source. The Oatmeal is the name of the comic created by Matthew Inman, the man who holds the copywrite to this comic as it’s creator. To the best of my knowledge, it is not under Creative Commons.

Edit – I saw that you updated your citation. Thank you!

• Barton Reply

May 21, 2011 at 12:57 am

This is a good place dude, and I can tell ya they always cite their sources. Hell the place is run by a bunch of university profs 🙂

• CitationMan Reply

May 21, 2011 at 1:01 am

I only stumbled upon this site by chance, I’m not making any judgements. I am a fan of theoatmeal.com and figured I would speak up instead of remain silent. Too often I choose the latter, tonight was different. I can see that the author is honest, he updated the citation within minutes. Anyhow, I need to read the Bible and figure out what to apologize for.

• Barton Reply

May 21, 2011 at 1:06 am

Hahaha! Cool man, and I think the author, when/if he gets sober, will appreciate your words, and good luck with that bible thingie….

4. Tiam B Reply

May 21, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Funny. But now what? Dec 2012 according to the Mayan calendar cycle? And will it be a supervolcano that would eradicate us? I guess we ought to get ready right now or simply just look for Superman to save all of us.

5. Lisa Bishop Reply

June 6, 2011 at 10:12 am

I think there will be a lot of pious folk sitting around a cozy campfire in Hell looking at each other and saying “I was BETTER than YOU”. My guess is that we’ve ALL got it wrong and we can’t know for sure until the day comes (the next time). To the HOLIER-THAN-THOU I say “come down off that cross…somebody needs the wood.”

6. dude Reply

June 8, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Wtf, why is there no credit to the maker?
    If you guys liked this comic, you guys should check out http://www.theoatmeal.com

• A Michael J. Scott Reply

June 8, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Look at it again Dude. Carefully this time OK. They are credited in BRIGHT BLUE and linked.