Bible: Women should suffer in silence!

timothy degrades women, woman degrades

The Bible: 1 Timothy 2

The Gospel according to Timmy

Women have been persecuted for centuries, and much of that persecution goes back to The Holy Bible. Have you ever wondered why women have suffered so over time, and in some cultures are still suffering?

We know some people love their Bible, [unlike me who thinks it is a bunch of dangerous crap], but the True Believers really believe that swill.

Timmy, famous Bible writing person, was convinced that women should be walking six steps behind their man at all times, and only speaking when spoken to.  If you don’t believe me read what he wrote in the Holy Scriptures:

11: Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
14: And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15: Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Well now that’s refreshing!  The Good Old Bible shows us the way…again.  Praise Jesus.  What do you think about Timothy’s apparent love of women?  Let us know in the comments. Everybody loves the Bible right?

Posted by on June 3, 2011. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

10 Responses to Bible: Women should suffer in silence!

1. Barton Reply

June 3, 2011 at 9:23 am

This should come as no surprise as the pages of the Bible are filled with such garbage.

2. jenny40 Reply

June 3, 2011 at 10:00 am

Timothy? I never heard of a Bible Timothy?

3. Sagacious Hillbilly Reply

June 3, 2011 at 10:42 am

Well, there have ben times when that didn’t sound like such a bad idea. . . of course, there have also been times when women wanted to put a bullet in my head.

Of course the bible is full of ridiculous claptrap like that quoted. After you’re done cruising the bibble for oppressive bullshit, take a walk through the book of mormon and really get a dose of the absurd.

4. Barbara Reply

June 4, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Timothy was written by Paul, Paul wrote some very questionable things such as the quote above. Hia writing consisted of very sexist and anti-Semetic themes. When I read my Bible, I skip every book written by Paul because he was misguided and men LOVE to take him out of context. Bottom line is Jesus/Yeshua never said this, I value the word of God over Paul.

5. Eve Reply

June 21, 2011 at 8:52 pm

This comment is straight from Talmud. Paul was mastering Talmud. Unfortunately @ 321 ad most of the bible has been edited. So information is incomplete dear. Those that they have not read gospel of marymagdalene Thomas Phillip Andrew …….. From unedited bible they can have very poor judgment.
    I strongly suggest go back and check the history dear and increase your knowledge about Christianity .almost 200years women were the majority leader of church .
    The bible that is in your hand in English has been edited several times in past 2000years to control the man kind with religion. The bible must be read in Ada sic and biblical Hebrew. I recommend you read the naghammidiliberary bible. Or read Coptic manuscript then make comment. Our problem is our illiterate mind not the bible.
    God bless you

6. Infinite Reply

July 16, 2012 at 9:32 am

Well said Eve 🙂
    Most people have formulated their own perception of The Word but have not a true working knowledge of the scriptures to make such a formulated decision. Since we’re talking about our Brother Timothy, he was quite clear when stating…”Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”- 2nd Timoty 2:15. The “Word” brings about change to those who want it. You have free will but shouldn’t will to be free from the Father.

7. Zach Reply

March 26, 2014 at 12:30 pm

1. Paul wrote the book of Timothy.

2. You’ve completely taken this scripture out of context, and given it an incorrect meaning.

For example, if I take a paragraph out of my Calculus book (I’m an electrical engineering and computer science major) it says this: “Fortunately, we don’t need to solve an equation for y in terms of x in order to find the derivative of y.” Of course any mathematician would know that is NOT universally true. This instruction is given in light of a problem written previously, and is completely taken out of context here (shame on me).

3. Any Bible-thumping, serious to God Christian knows the golden rule. In short, treat others the way you want to be treated. God’s word is full of content that is very supportive of gender equality. The only thing Paul is condemning here are distractions from the teaching of God’s word (and some believe of women teaching in the pulpit, as here Paul is speaking of spiritual authority in the church specifically.)

4. Please stop hating on the bible until you read the whole thing with an open mind, and not pre-determined expectations. A very good rule to interpereting scripture is the 20/20 rule. Read 20 verses before the passage in question, and 20 verses after. Oftentimes it is very helpful to read the whole book in which the passage is found as well.

-Zachary

March 26, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Thanks for stopping by. Although I disagree with you, I appreciate your participation in the discussion.

8. James Reply

December 30, 2014 at 6:23 pm

It appears to me you are not a follower of Christ by the above post. You disagree, because you have chosen to disagree! Just like me, I have chosen to believe the Word of God! Your position is equal to my own, as we have taken sides and it is the freedom we have that goes along with free will! What you have chosen to do with your soul, myself included, is merely believe in something one way or another! The whole ordeal is tantamount to what actually happens in the end! When is the end? The end is when you die! It happens to be upon my death, and yours, that we will have the privilege of finding out who is right and who is wrong. In the end, if you are right, you will have nothing to worry about. If you are wrong, then you will wish you could recant everything you are saying and have a second chance, but, in the Word of God that I read, eventually second chances run out. It is better to not refute the Bible and believe. If in the END we find out that it all was nothing but a pile of fairy tales, then no harm done. We would have better lived our lives by the precepts and rules contained within its covers, than by the chaos that is running this world today! I do not know what eyes you see the world with, but my eyes see destruction, death, chaos. I pray you find the truth!

December 31, 2014 at 10:56 am

No. I don’t think you will find too many “followers of Christ” over here. It’s just a lot of silliness. As to the “end” that is death, nothing more. There’s no heaven, no hell, no pearly gates, or Jesus. Just nothingness.