Only in America – The best of Daytime Television

Daytime television in America

should be avoided at all costs

the only thing worth watching

during the day is the Weather Channel

There are several different sorts of daytime television programs produced. Most of these shows can be produced on a very low budget, as these shows have to be able to make at least five new episodes per week (sometimes more) for most of the year. Most daytime shows are syndicated, meaning individual stations buy the rights to show it.

Posted by on June 30, 2011. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

6 Responses to Only in America – The best of Daytime Television

1. Sagacious Hillbilly Reply

June 30, 2011 at 10:49 am

All TV is 99% junk. . . it reflects our society.

2. Robyn Reply

June 30, 2011 at 10:51 am

I can’t comment on the current state of US television, because its content made us decide years ago it isn’t worth owning a TV, much less paying too much money every month so advertisers can pump their crap into the house under the guise of “programming.”

You DO realize, don’t you, that the purpose of television programming is to deliver audiences to advertisers?

• Sagacious Hillbilly Reply

June 30, 2011 at 11:25 am

Agree Robyn, I only have the cable turned on during the summer months when my daughter is home. . . then it’s just the very basic and I don’t watch it. . . much.

3. A Michael J. Scott Reply

June 30, 2011 at 11:32 am

I watch a lot of TV, primarily HBO specials, History, Discover, NatGeo, news, BBC, and dozens more. There is a lot of quality stuff on television, but not during the day, except for the news channels, and the others I mentioned. Daytime TV is a vast wasteland….

4. lazersedge Reply

June 30, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Actually, wasn’t that the political channels you were just reviewing Holte? What about the other stuff?

5. Dorothy Anderson Reply

July 4, 2011 at 5:10 am

I can’t help myself: I’m a Kitchen Nightmares addict.