5 dishes guaranteed to bust your gut
Five menu dishes that will make you very fat
Anyone who has tenuously clung to a diet knows calorie counting can turn into calorie binging at a restaurant, but choose one of these items and you’ll really have fallen off the dish wagon, ABC Newsreports. The Center for Science in the Public Interest released its list of eight dishes (found on menus of national restaurant chains) that really pack a caloric punch:
- Applebee’s Provolone-stuffed meatballs with fettuccine and garlic bread, 1,520 calories: Pasta, bread, and numerous cheese-stuffed meatballs—what could go possibly go wrong? The real killer with this dish is the 3,700mg sodium.
- The Great Steak’s Extra-large King Fries, 1,500: These fries slathered in cheese, bacon, and sour cream might be a side dish, but they’ll make up 75% of the 2,000 calorie daily recommendation.
- Cheesecake Factory’s Farmhouse cheeseburger, 1,530: Famously large portions don’t help, but double the calories with a slice of their Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake—it’s 1,540 calories all by itself.
- Cold Stone Creamery’s PB&C shake, 2,010: No meat, no actual sustenance, how do so many calories fit into a milkshake? It’s 24 oz. of milk, chocolate, and peanut butter—and three days’ worth of saturated fat.
- Morton’s 24 oz. Porterhouse steak, 2,570: The steak (which could feed four people) only makes up about half the calories for this meal, but adding mashed potatoes and creamed spinach gives an extra burst of salt and fat
Have you ever eaten any of these gastronomical delights? If so share with us your thoughts on how you liked the dish.