Powered by WebberZone Followed Posts
May 8, 2012 at 3:57 pm
I am beginning to run out of socially acceptable words to call these people….
Please forgive this ‘you already know this rant’ but i can’t help myself….
I know I am probably not giving you any new ideas, (and in this computer age things may be easier…) but here are some things that worked for us in the early days of this fight:
1. Speed dial of important ph.#’s are necessary.(there’s nothing like responding to a human voice.) Legislators especially, I suppose email groups are today’s equivalent. I don’t tweet, but updated info such as this is invaluable to be pro-active everyday.(“call lists” is what we had then, 1 person calls 5 people, they call 5 people etc., to update and inform. And politely vent.)
2. It is imperative to have complete lists of local, regional and national news, papers and radio and television. And Press releases should be sent EVERY FRIKKEN DAY to all of them. We liked the blitz. Eventually someone will call back for a statement or interview and the response should be a well done point by point, 11 second message that will be repeated often.
3. I know you don’t have time for this, we didn’t either with raising kids and working and going to school… that’s why DELEGATE is such an important word. choose spokespeople wisely and trust them.
4. Because this is such a national War Against Women, with many facets, it is good to have a few people in every geographical area focus on specific items. This is a lesson from avoiding burnout. you can’t do everything, all the time.
5. one action we got really good at was the use of a “call list” that could organize many people in short order from supporting groups to protest. Legally. I know some rules have changed but if a side walk in front of a courthouse or D.A.’s office or legislators office can be used until threatened by police, then it should be done. This is another blitz. And press should be called when a group is ready to “go in”.
I’m reading over this and it looks like a damn ancient history lesson. So sorry. But we are depending on you to help us accomplish so much against such a lying evil force.
Thank you for your work. I have so much faith in you. I’ll stop now. blessings, omichele.
Erin Nanasi Reply
May 8, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Omichele-I hear you and we are working our collective asses off to make this happen in the fall. Funny you mention phone numbers-we’ve got speed dial filled up. Emails, contacts, you name it. Rant away; it’s good energy and it helps keep you sane. Truly. I rant every hour. Thank you for your support and thank you for your passion. Erin
May 8, 2012 at 9:54 pm
You go girls! Wish I had time to help out but hubby just got transferred and I need to pack the house, but maybe when we get settled. There are lots of us women hoping that Obama gets re-elected so we don’t have to deal with this.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
© 2012, ↑ MadMikesAmerica
Powered by -
Designed by Gabfire Themes