Ghastly Shape Looms Over Dying Woman and 8 Other Shocking Pictures With Disturbing Backstories
1) Shadows of people that were instantly vaporized when the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.
2) In 2003, Tina Watson, a 26-year-old woman from Alabama, married Gabe Watson. 11 days later she was dead. A diver accidentally captured the body of Tina Watson after her husband allegedly killed her during their honeymoon. Charges were ultimately dropped due to lack of evidence.
3) Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels after learning the photographer was Jewish.
4) An arial view of Jonestown after mass suicide of the Peoples Temple. A total of 913 Temple members died in Jonestown, all but two from apparent cyanide poisoning.
5) Mary Miller leaps from the top floor of the Genesee Hotel in 1942. Photographer Russel Sorgi captured this shot by chance after following some police cars rushing to the scene. One officer can be seen going through the door as Mary falls from the 8th floor ledge.
6) A British soldier in the trenches of WWI, suffering from apparent shell shock. This term was used rather vaguely to describe the reaction to battle trauma. This soldier had clearly seen some terrible things.
7) Hospital cameras captured a rather curious form looming over a patient one night. The patient died a few hours later.
8) Two days after she passed away, this woman’s heartbroken husband took this picture with his dead wife.
9) Japanese soldier about to commit suicide with a grenade against his head while an Australian soldier watches on December 18, 1942 in New Guinea. It was common for Japanese soldiers to choose suicide over surrender.