Why Al Gore Was Slammed By Right Wing Nutters Over Climate Change Tweet

Former Vice President Al Gore is taking heat for his claim that the icy nor’easter blanketing the eastern seaboard with snow and freezing temperatures is “exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis.” The debate over global warming’s impact on Winter Storm Grayson was already raging when Mr. Gore jumped in with a tweet positing…

Posted by on January 8, 2018. Filed under COMMENTARY/OPINION. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

7 Responses to Why Al Gore Was Slammed By Right Wing Nutters Over Climate Change Tweet

1. Glenn Geist Reply

January 8, 2018 at 8:53 am

Has anyone noticed that “consistent with” does not mean “caused by?” The amount of anger that mentions of global warming produces is puzzling in its confusion and its intensity – and its getting worse.

I truly cannot understand how people – even those with double digit IQs can fail to understand the difference between local and global or can pretend that NASA and NOAA and all their hard data is trying to delude people, that it’s, as someone said to me last week, “A Liberal Hoax”

Perhaps there is no understanding it any more than one can understand stupidity or gullibility.

Crookedness, greed, mendacity and malice: these things I understand. These things define our American life.

January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am

It’s truly puzzling. I have a friend, a very bright friend, who insists that there isn’t enough evidence to support global warming, and every time it snows or the temperature goes below zero, scientists are embarrassed by it because it contradicts what evidence they do have. That’s not verbatim but it’s close enough. I can do nothing but stutter over my scrambled eggs. Why is it so hard to refute such nonsense.

2. jess Reply

January 8, 2018 at 11:35 am

It is becoming more than frustrating trying to keep up with these idiots anymore that have zero clue about science and how it works. I may do like dolt45 and his idiotic followers and start ignoring it.

January 8, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Jess, I learned early in my law enforcement career not to try and reason with drunks because it was almost always an exercise in futility. I can apply this to most of those Right-wing idiots.

• jess Reply

January 8, 2018 at 12:31 pm

AYUP, like I said somewhere here a little while back. Do not get into a fight in the pig sty with a pig(RWNJ), the pig loves it and you end up covered in shit.

• Paul Burns Reply

January 8, 2018 at 1:18 pm

“the pig loves it and you end up covered in shit.” Ha! How delightful and so very, very true.

3. Glenn R. Geist Reply

January 8, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Meanwhile, Australia is getting so much heat the highways are melting. Oh, but it’s cold at MY house and that’s what counts. All those glaciers that disappeared? That open water that used to be Arctic ice pack? Fake science. Whadda you, some kinda Liberal?