Is California Endangering People By Refusing to Acknowledge Bigfoot?

Claudia Ackley is positive that she and her two daughters came across Bigfoot in a tree in southern California last year, but when she called different state authorities to report the sighting, she got the same response. Nope, they told her, you saw a bear.

As a result, the 46-year-old has filed suit against the state for failing to recognize Sasquatch as a distinct species, reports the Press-Enterprise. In this case, you can judge for yourself: An ABC 30 report on Ackley’s sighting includes phone video shot by her daughter near Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino mountains. (It was shot around dusk and is pretty dark.)

Ackley filed her suit with documentary filmmaker Todd Standing, who made the Netflix film Discovering Bigfoot and who believes the sighting is legit. State officials won’t comment on pending litigation.

“He looked like a Neanderthal man with hair all over him,” per Ackley, who says this is the second sure sighting of Bigfoot she has made. “He had solid black eyes. He had no expression on his face at all. He did not show his teeth. He just stared at the three of us.” The three then safely walked away, she says.

Among other things, the lawsuit says the state is endangering the public by not recognizing Bigfoot and calls on it to “‘manage this wildlife species” and protect its habitat.

You can read the lawsuit in full at Gizmodo, which says it makes “some valid and interesting points.” In the meantime, Ackley is leaving fruit and snacks out, along with a voice-activated book that includes recordings of words like “fur” and “candy,” and samples of each, in an attempt to communicate. (This man shot the most famous footage and says it nearly ruined him.)

Via Newser.

Posted by on February 25, 2018. Filed under Bizarre/Oddities,News,NEWS I FIND INTERESTING. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

9 Responses to Is California Endangering People By Refusing to Acknowledge Bigfoot?

1. jess Reply

February 25, 2018 at 12:01 pm

See people, even here in CA we have our share of morons.

February 25, 2018 at 12:35 pm

According to Trump California has more than its share of morons, then again it’s one moron commenting on other morons, which likely exist only in his idiot mind.

• jess Reply

February 25, 2018 at 1:40 pm

There are plenty of them in central CA, Nunes reps Fresno and that area is as red as Alabama. I’m very lucky to live in the land of mainly liberals, but we have some idiots around here too.

2. Bill Formby Reply

February 25, 2018 at 2:03 pm

I don’t know. There may be a Yeti or Big Foot somewhere is the forests in California. After all, it is California.

3. Tall Stacey Reply

February 25, 2018 at 3:36 pm

The state of Pennsylvania will tell you there are no mountain lions here… yet we see them often enough to not be imagined.

They tell us there are no long tailed big cats here, yet my sister spent an afternoon photographing a large, long tailed cat.

I spend a lot of time in the woods, I always have. I live here. I know there are bears, we very seldom see one, but they are here.

I’ve never seen a sasquatch, I’ve never even had the impression I was near one, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been.

Sometimes though, you just know there is something….

4. Glenn Geist Reply

February 26, 2018 at 8:52 am

I’ve seen a puma and cub in Florida and there aren’t supposed to be any in this area. No giraffes either but that’s why I think there could be a sasquatch or maybe the skunk ape or the rugaroo. It just feels truthy.

• Bill Formby Reply

February 26, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Good point Glenn. Just when we think there are no monsters…, well damn, here come a monster.

• Tall Stacey Reply

February 26, 2018 at 11:06 pm

But why would it be a monster Bill? Nobody has ever been hurt by one that we know of.

5. Glenn Geist Reply

February 27, 2018 at 9:19 am

True. No one has been hurt by a space alien either.