An Englishman Wants To Know If Armageddon Could Follow Syria Attack

by Neil Bamforth

Syria is a country full of Muslim Arabs knocking ten bells out of each other. The countries leader – Assad – is clearly responsible for chemical weapons being used. This is a breach of international law. The United Nations are supposed to act when international law is broken regarding military conflicts. The Russians are backing Assad. The UN is clearly helpless.

That is where we are.

Now. Russia is a nuclear power run by a particularly unpleasant chap, Vladimir Putin.

The USA is currently being ruled over by a man-child with narcissistic tendencies who Tweets like an angry teenager.

The USA is also a nuclear power.

Trump is threatening to fire missiles at Syria. Putin is threatening to attack the source of said missiles. In other words, the US Navy ships from which the missiles would come.

This ridiculous situation could very easily get out of hand up to the worst case scenario of nuclear war.

Last week – or, possibly, even yesterday this would have been unthinkable but now?

Could it happen? Really? Could it?

Suddenly it is terrifyingly easy to say “I don’t know”

The unthinkable is becoming thinkable.

We have a narcissistic man-child and an evil despot facing off over a country in the Middle East and, ultimately, we could all perish under a mushroom cloud as a result.

On a more cheerful note, I live near Heathrow Airport which is, I believe, a place that would be ‘taken out’ at the start of Armaggedon so, I wouldn’t know much about it prior to incineration.

My limited knowledge of such things suggests that all that would be left is my shadow – along with the shadow of a bottle of beer no doubt.

Rob Grant and Doug Naylor wrote the following in their original Red Dwarf comedy science fiction book.

I paraphrase as I can’t seem to find the book but I more or less remember it.

‘Rimmer looked around at what sounded like a nuclear wind hurtling towards him. It was, in fact, a nuclear wind hurtling towards him. Then he died. Then everyone died’

Some say that, up to a point, science fiction can come true.

What a world if a comedy SF book comes true eh?

Posted by on April 12, 2018. Filed under COMMENTARY/OPINION,Political,War. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

27 Responses to An Englishman Wants To Know If Armageddon Could Follow Syria Attack

1. jess Reply

April 12, 2018 at 11:10 am

dolt45 is walking back his comments from yesterday. He apparently did not say what he in fact said. We are all living this nightmare together neil.

April 12, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Can you believe it Jess? Yesterday he was all war talk and today he’s not so much. I expect it was the criticism he’s hearing about telegraphing his intentions after he said a hundred times during his campaign he wouldn’t do. We’ll wake up one morning and discover the idiot has bombed Syria with no regard to consequences.

• jess Reply

April 12, 2018 at 12:36 pm

I think Vlad had a word in his ear about loans coming due and tapes being released and he HAD to walk it back. Maybe they’ll do what they did last time, clear out an airfield and he can bomb that as an appetizer for his base.

• Tall Stacey Reply

April 14, 2018 at 3:38 pm

that morning was today

2. M Bates Reply

April 12, 2018 at 12:05 pm

I wish someone like you Neil was in charge. You clearly know what you are talking about. You have such a clear picture on world events.

• jess Reply

April 12, 2018 at 12:12 pm

I’m beginning to think we need to chip in and get you a day nurse, so you don’t hurt yourself.

April 12, 2018 at 12:30 pm

LOL! Perhaps he’s sincere in his flattery? No?

• jess Reply

April 12, 2018 at 12:37 pm

How do you say it in the old country, someone is taking the piss or doing a wind up maybe. I get troll swatting practice in either way and it is all about me you know πŸ™‚

• Neil Bamforth Reply

April 12, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Excuse me! M Bates is clearly a person of great intelligence! They want me in charge!! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

• jess Reply

April 12, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Nope, nope all the nopes from the land of nope to this Neil and you know I love ya, ya big lug. MBates is the type of person that sniffs their own farts and wonders where the noise and smell came from, they are just that clueless. I wouldn’t trust them to aim when sitting on the toilet, never mind come up with a suggestion who should be running what and where they should be running it.

3. M Bates Reply

April 12, 2018 at 2:54 pm

I’m not that smart Neil, but I know smart when I see it and read it. You have it by the bucket load.

• jess Reply

April 12, 2018 at 4:44 pm

Aw bless your heart, you don’t need to say out loud how not smart you are, we all know already.

4. Bobbie Peel Reply

April 12, 2018 at 2:58 pm

That’s enough of this Mr Bamforth is smart business. M Bates is letting her loins do the talking.

• Neil Bamforth Reply

April 12, 2018 at 3:25 pm

No. She’s spot on 😜😜😜

If I was in charge, firstly, beer would be free. Nowt else to do then. Everyone’ll be too drunk to care.

I’d rule forever!!! 🍺🍻🍺🍻

5. Shirley82 Reply

April 12, 2018 at 5:11 pm

How do we know M. Bates is of the female persuasion? And if she is, why would she fancy our Neil? He’s a smart bloke but with all that beer he drinks I’d wager a fiver he’s a fat bloke. Who wants to wager me?

• jess Reply

April 12, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Not me on the betting front. He already said he’s a little paunchy around the middle. I am going by the replies to neil myself and making the assumption because we all know, Neil has said it, he’s not into the man love and MBates is a thirsty bitch for Neil’s attention. You know Shirley, “fat blokes” need and deserve love too, just not from the likes of a bunny boiler like Mbates. I think it’s too much when people go stalker on you πŸ™‚

• Neil Bamforth Reply

April 13, 2018 at 2:26 am

Pleasantly rotund if you don’t mind πŸ˜‰

6. David Gosling Reply

April 13, 2018 at 12:16 am

I had a stalker once. Evil cow she was too. Burned down me hedges and tried to run over the cat. I had to put her down. Stalker, not the cat. I loved the cat.

• Neil Bamforth Reply

April 13, 2018 at 2:28 am

Quite right too!!!

I’ve got 6 cats so stalkers have no chance! 😸😸😸😸😸😸

• jess Reply

April 13, 2018 at 9:34 am

AYUP. Stalkers are no fun at all are they? I have had a couple of them, I had to call the police about they were so scary. How they managed to get past my security gate still astounds me.

7. Neil Bamforth Reply

April 13, 2018 at 2:25 am

I know we’re off topic but this is waaaay more fun! πŸ˜€

Mind you…anything’s way more fun than armaggedon πŸ˜‹

April 13, 2018 at 8:42 am

You are right. Anything is way more fun than Armageddon πŸ™‚

• jess Reply

April 13, 2018 at 9:36 am

I plan on having a bong at the ready with some light snacks, for the end of the world.

8. Glenn R. Geist Reply

April 13, 2018 at 8:45 am

Well I’ma geddon tired of end of the world scenarios. It’s still here after billions of years. And after all this time nature hasn’t attempted to produce a species that survives on it’s intelligence instead of environmental compatibility. It’s failing so miserably she won’t likely try it again. Let the sky fall and take us all with it. We’re simply not fit to survive what with our inborn love of tyrants, madmen and “Conservatives”

• jess Reply

April 13, 2018 at 9:42 am

Couple of my crazier gooper neighbors have told me they are looking into shelters at their homes because the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Since I am either going by way of earthquake where we sit on the fault, or armageddon due to being in the way of a nuclear blast if ww3 is caused by dolt45 and San Francisco gets hit, I say start over brand new, with just a few people. IMO, as long as Channing Tatum, Chris Hemsworth and his brothers are saved all will be okay, maybe Halle Berry also πŸ™‚

• Neil Bamforth Reply

April 13, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Even better…me and Kylie Minogue together for ever in a bunker…😘😘😘

I do, of course, deny ever saying that…

9. Bill Formby Reply

April 13, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Damn, all of this over Trump running his mouth again, Neil you are a smart one you are but I think that, unless I am wrong of course, and I am never wrong even when Mike tells me I am wrong, we are at best going to shoot a bunch of missiles at some air bases sans planes and hope to hit some chemical weapons. At that point Trumpster will be tweeting “How Great I Am”. even though all we will do is mess up some runways. According to a couple of people it is a waste of time and money if we don’t join the Brits and the French and invade the place, That my friend may lead us to world war with Russia and Iran. North Korea will put its peace plan on hold to see who wins so it gets on the right side. Hopefully it stays nuke free.