Trump Vs. Breastfeeding

by Glenn R. Geist

What is more established in the nature of mammals than breastfeeding? Even the few mammals that still lay eggs nurse their young, but where there’s profit to be made, greed abounds and apparently the interests of the greedy supersede the health of babies.

The US has been threatening nations that sign on to a United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly resolution that mother’s milk is, when possible, better than formula for the health of infants, containing, for instance, antibodies for anything the mother has a resistance to. It’s doubly important in primitive conditions where water quality is questionable.

Trump doesn’t care. His advisers and associates are crooks and they don’t care. His supporters are idiots, racists and various other types of bastards and they don’t care. Somebody makes a profit and somebody donates to the evil empire and so – no milk for you. If you don’t agree, we’ll punish you.

Trump’s use of babies as political pawns is further illustrated by the Huff Post story about a one-year-old brought into immigration court in Phoenix who cried hysterically, holding his bottle. The judge said he was embarrassed to ask if the infant understood the proceedings. Me? I’m embarrassed to be an American.

Posted by on July 9, 2018. Filed under COMMENTARY/OPINION. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

7 Responses to Trump Vs. Breastfeeding

1. jess Reply

July 9, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Why would you go spend money you don’t need to, when you have perfectly good boobs that can give up free food. I know there are some reasons breastfeeding is not optimal, maybe mom has an infection, really is ickked out by breast feeding baby, tiny one isn’t globbing onto the girls etc but damn, it’s free food and the small amount of people that don’t do it, are not making you any money. They even went as far as changing some parts of this resolution to where it has to be basically peer reviewed that feeding by breast works. How in the fuck do you do that because you can’t go ask a baby, so hey how’s that tit thing working for you. It is no wonder we have become a laughing stock at all. That Russia had to wade in and save things is another whole thing.

2. Les Carpenter Reply

July 9, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Free food aside Jess it is healthier generally for the child as Glenn pointed out. Of the three kids fathered by me, yes all from one mother, the oldest had the fewest bouts of childhood sickness and was demonstrably the healthiest. We always attributed it to the fact he was breast fed for a considerably longer period.

There really are some goddamn idiots making stupid decisions right now in America. But hey, who can argue with profit, right?

• jess Reply

July 9, 2018 at 1:37 pm

I am one of those women that will never know baby having and then breastfeeding them but let me tell you, were I able to I would weaponize my tits for freedom if I was in that position. I know the friends I have that have breastfed say it is way more nutritious for their baby and brings them to a closer bond also. One in particular is militant about it when she is out in public and gets uncalled for comments to cover up when she is feeding her son because… BOOBIES are out. She throws the blanket over her own head and lets her little boy eat and will say ok I’m covered, now what.

3. Les Carpenter Reply

July 9, 2018 at 1:45 pm

My gracious! BOOBIES out!! How disgraceful and unlady like.

Did I mention in addition to idiots making stupid decisions there is a lot of ignorance and or anility as well.

• jess Reply

July 9, 2018 at 4:00 pm

I know right? If I were to go right now and take my top off in the middle of University Ave and have a little walk around, guys prolly some women too, would be lining up to see the two girls in their natural environment, applauding the whole way but a woman breastfeeding her child with the girls uncovered, oh the horror of it all is just way too much to bear 🙂

4. Glenn R. Geist Reply

July 10, 2018 at 7:52 am

Questions of health aside, how did such an issue become part of the Fascist revolution? Why is nature political? It is an established fact that antibodies are transferred in milk at a time when the child’s immune system is not fully functional. It’s not in question, so why would Trumptards or the Trump thing itself have a political position on the product of 75 million years of evolution? The only answer I can see, is the dark shadow of money.

5. Bill Formby Reply

July 10, 2018 at 3:02 pm

This should go over great with a lot of Trump’s base who are some of the poor who actually cannot afford formula. At Trump’s age I will bet that he was breast fed. I don’t remember but I am sure I was in 1943. Why the hell do they think those things are there … just to add to the lovely shapes of women.