When Gay is the New Jew

by Joe Hagstrom

Not long ago comedian Kevin Hart was castigated for jokes from an old stand up routine that Gays were the brunt. He was vilified by angry gay people on Twitter and other places. Many of the Gays that were angry wanted to throw tomatoes at his house but they throw like girls so it led to more angry tweets and angry stuff on any other media outlet they could find. It even cost Kevin Hart a gig as host of the Oscars.

I guess it was the Oscars but outside of MMA I don’t read much as the only stuff on the internet worth reading is here at MMA. Mostly my stuff anyway although Glenn is excellent at showing us how much smarter he is than most people and Neil is better at being British, much like the guy who played Eliza’s dad in My Fair Lady only that guy was a better dancer. From what some people have said.

I guess I missed the hour when Blacks weren’t allowed to make fun of all the other groups. I guess Gays are sensitive about stuff, Or maybe not as stereotyping Gays as sensitive may be considered bigoted against Gays so I take that back and apologize profusely for any confusion or hurt feelings.

Richard Pryor could say anything. It was funny. I made what I thought was a humorous comment about a Gay couple that moved to my neighborhood that it was good we finally had someone around here that knew how to choose drapes. Of course, another neighbor had to throw me under the bus and tell them I was glad they could pick out drapes. When I met them in person they made me suffer. I can’t complain that I’m oppressed and misunderstood though since that would offend Kevin Hart who was oppressed and misunderstood and he would be outraged at my thinking my situation compared to his. He wouldn’t get much support in his war on me as playing the oppressed card only works for Jews now. They can still say anything. Lucky them.

A Jewish comic always has something for new material. The poor Asian comics can only make fun of Asians and of course, white people. But we white people have learned to take a joke. It’s easier to be the brunt of a joke when you know you can walk into any bank or convenience store in the country and not be followed, surveilled, or asked to leave because your phone rang. And all us white people still give a courteous laugh when the Black or Asian Comic says we all look alike to him. But if we want to laugh at Gays we have to go see a Jewish comic.

Poor Ellen DeGeneres, who is Gay, good for her, sad for any guy that wanted to date her, pokes a little fun at Gays. I saw her Netflix special. It was funny. She had something about owning three cats signified being a Gay woman. You had to see it. It was relatable. But poor Ellen is even under fire from Gays and Gay sympathizers who are mad she interviewed Kevin Hart whom they think hasn’t been punished enough for making jokes about Gays. Ellen forgives him. Angry Gays don’t forgive Ellen for forgiving him.

One of the angry unforgivers even posted on a social media platform that Ellen wasn’t a member of the community, or something like that, and had no business forgiving Kevin Hart on their behalf. Even though it was Ellen who devoted nearly a whole season of her show to the process of coming out and helped start a movement. I have to say if the angry person that posted the thing about Ellen not being part of the community was trying to be funny he/she succeeded. I got a good laugh out of the post.

It was as ignorant and misguided as anything President Trump has posted. If the person was serious then it was still funny, the person that posted it is an idiot. I wonder if I’m allowed to call a person angry at Ellen DeGeneres an idiot. To be safe I’m thinking of converting to Judaism. It worked for Ivanka Trump. She hardly ever gets pilloried. Of course, she never says anything of insight or controversy. By design, I’d like to think. But maybe that’s all she’s capable of speaking. Or all that her dad and husband, not the same guy but sometimes I wonder, allows her to say.

I’m just saying some people are saying.

Posted by on January 8, 2019. Filed under COMMENTARY/OPINION. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

16 Responses to When Gay is the New Jew

1. Michael John Scott Reply

January 8, 2019 at 10:14 am

I had never heard or seen Kevin Hart perform. In fact, when the whole silly gay thing came out I had no idea who he was.

• jess Reply

January 8, 2019 at 11:35 am

He’s funny af.

• Diane G Reply

January 9, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Same here.

2. Joe Hagstrom Reply

January 8, 2019 at 11:12 am

He’s a funny guy. Has made a great living letting his lack of height be made fun of. Surprised height challenged people haven’t taken to attacking him yet.

January 8, 2019 at 11:13 am

LOL! True. Give them time.

• jess Reply

January 8, 2019 at 11:37 am

I’m vertically challenged being only 5 feet 4 inches but there are shoes for that 🙂 Know what else, I ALWAYS attract these guys that are over 6 feet tall what is that about?

January 8, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Guys like women that are shorter than them. Makes them feel important.

3. Joe Hagstrom Reply

January 8, 2019 at 11:55 am

If you are female all males will find something attractive about you Jess. In my case as an upstanding Christian Republican, I see a soul to save.

• jess Reply

January 8, 2019 at 12:02 pm

I guess but just one time I’d like to not have to stand on my toes to just hug someone.

4. Glenn R. Geist Reply

January 9, 2019 at 10:15 am

5’4″ is short for a woman? I’ve lived too long, but I have to ask whoever thinks I’ve demonstrated intellectual superiority if they’ve ever talked to my wife – or my dog — OK to anyone who actually knows me.

FWIW I still haven’t heard this Hart guy.

• Joe Hagstrom Reply

January 9, 2019 at 10:46 am

You don’t make a conscious effort to display your intelligence and grasp of issues Glenn. It just shows through in your articles and comments. MMA is fortunate to have you as a contributor.

• Glenn R. Geist Reply

January 9, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Damn! unexpected but appreciated!

• jess Reply

January 9, 2019 at 12:36 pm

For me it is. I think the perfect height for a woman is 5 feet 6 or 7 inches tall. I reach that with heels but I don’t wear those often since I prefer my low or no heeled shoes. I am more comfy in a pair of old Chuck Taylors (any color) than anything else.

• Glenn R. Geist Reply

January 9, 2019 at 2:08 pm

Well that’s about my height although I somehow don’t seem to be as tall as I was at age 20. Frankly a woman’s height, unless it’s really unusual doesn’t matter at all to me. Of course I’m happily married and 250 years old, so it’s sorta moot.

5. Bill Formby Reply

January 9, 2019 at 11:38 am

I have watched Hart a few times and I would rate him as an average stand up, and a little less than average in acting. He is a long way from being a Richard Pryor, who could be funny as hell just standing on stage. But Hart does have a genuine dislike for gays plus he seems to have the short man’s syndrome. I find that really odd because Brad Williams is an actual little person, or what he calls “fun Size” and is hilarious. I don’t know, maybe it is just something about Kevin that just pisses me off.

• Diane G Reply

January 9, 2019 at 8:18 pm

“But Hart does have a genuine dislike for gays…”

Well, that changes things entirely. Now I’m just as glad to never have heard of him. Makes Ellen’s peace-making intent a bit harder to understand, though. Except for showing him up, maybe…