How ‘Goddammit’ May Split Trump From His Adoring Followers

by Glenn R. Geist

The seventh Commandment, in both the Exodus and Deuteronomy versions (yes there are two) tells us not to take the Lord’s name in vain and that he won’t hold you blameless if you do.ย  ย Well, it does in English translation anyway.

Apparently, says Politico, the residents of Greenville, Nowth Kelana took offense with Donald J. Trump at his use of “the Lord’s name” last month during his Lockerup rally. Several times the messenger of God Trump hath said Goddamn, you see. Yes, other than the lockerupsendherback call-and-response chant from the geek chorus, all we heard from the Greenville faithful was this: goddamn. Nothing about his personal and public and sexual misconduct, just that he said Goddamn.

The Lord’s name? Actually, if you read Hebrew (trying not to laugh here) you’ll notice that the text does not use the word Lordย  but the proper name Yahveh. The English convention is to translate that as Lord and to translate El or the plural Elohim as God. God is not the name of God, as is Yaveh or El or Elohim; Adonai or even El Shaddai.

So since his holy Trumpness, blessed be his name, used an English euphemism, a word having no etymological connection with any Hebrew or Semitic divine name, he finally managed to piss off the MAGAmorons of America.ย  Almighty ignorance be praised.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if this misunderstanding was the sharp edge of a wedge that finally split that spawn of Satan from his adoring and apocalyptic followers?

Posted by on August 12, 2019. Filed under COMMENTARY/OPINION. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

11 Responses to How ‘Goddammit’ May Split Trump From His Adoring Followers

1. jess Reply

August 12, 2019 at 3:02 pm

Well fuck me sideways. They are okay with the outright racism, hate on the “other” the scamming, the lies etc but add a fuck here and there or a goddamn and that’s the hill they want to die on, a cuss word or three. Buncha hypocritical fuckwads. At some point I will come out and let you guys know how I really feel about things and it will be awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

• Tall Stacey Reply

August 12, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Looking forward to that day Jess! LOL

2. Glenn Geist Reply

August 12, 2019 at 3:11 pm

I can’t wait! But since the Bible is full to the brim with curses damnations, excoriations and unjustified murder, just for starters, God has no standing, in my legal opinion.

Is it hypocrisy, or the absence of any moral scruple of any kind?

• jess Reply

August 12, 2019 at 3:22 pm

Can it be both those things? If so I choose both those thing Glenn ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and way off topic guys. I have been bored out of my mind up here in Sacramento. There is only so much I can do here, so I binge watched some shit and you get my choices read out loud to you. Both on Amazon and well worth the watching. The Boys, satire on the superhero deal. Really good and has more than a few been there done that actors, created by the guy that brought us Supernatural (come on you know I LOVE that show) Karl Urban is in it, dude that played a crooked law enforcement dude in Banshee and twins in the Australian show Outrageous Fortune is in it Dennis Quaid and meg Ryan’s son is a lead actor in it. Then there is Brittania, looking at the
      Romans invading England when it was just Brittania and how they fucked everything up. Excellent binge watching my friends. Now go forth and do the lazy Jess thing ๐Ÿ˜‰

August 12, 2019 at 7:33 pm

I started watching Brittania but thought the acting sucked. That’s what happens when one gets sober. TV just ain’t as much fun as it used to be ๐Ÿ™‚

• jess Reply

August 12, 2019 at 9:01 pm

Yeah it sucked but it is sheer escapism and there are a couple of actors that are quite good in there. I’ll watch a second season because I like the whole swords and sandals type things.

• Bill Formby Reply

August 14, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Jess, I took your advice and watched a couple of episodes last night. It is really dumb kind of way. I laughed when “the Deep” said to Starlight to, essentially, put out or get out. I am not sure how that is going to fly with the #metoo crowd,

3. Michael John Scott Reply

August 12, 2019 at 3:13 pm

I’ve never met an Evangelical I liked, including one I dated. She was a veterinarian, but more than the animals she treated, she claimed to love her Jesus. She was the nastiest mother fucker I have ever had the displeasure of knowing in the biblical sense.

• jess Reply

August 12, 2019 at 3:28 pm

It’s the crazy ones that give the best sex though Mike.

August 12, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Uh…YUP! Can’t deny that, which is why I stayed with her for two years ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Bill Formby Reply

August 13, 2019 at 1:41 pm

In reference to Amazon there is a cool cop show called “Bosch”. I have watch the entire five year run of it. Also, on Netflix, there is the Mindhunters is starting its second season. It is allegedly about how the BAU got its start. There is also one called “The Hill” that is really good. It is a British series and is well done. Of course, I am a fan of most all of the British flicks.