happy easter card purple egg flowers butterfly decoration vector illustration

Bored? Check Out Netflix’s Highest Ranked Shows

by Michael John Scott

We’re all staying at home, or we should be, and we are looking for the best shows on Netflix. So, look no further, because Rotten Tomatoes has put together a list of the best original Netflix series available to watch right now, ranked according to the Tomatometer.

The list of top Netflix TV shows overall includes popular titles like OzarkThe CrownThe WitcherStranger ThingsCheerYou, and Queer Eye. In fact, Ozark recently shot up over 15 places on our list with the launch of its third season, which currently holds a Certified Fresh 95% score. Seems like the series has finally captured the hearts of critics, while its Audience Score has remained in the 90s since season 1.

New Netflix shows currently popping include miniseries Unorthodox, based on the bestselling memoir by Deborah Feldman, “about a girl who rejects her radicalized upbringing and leaves to start a new life.” Feel Good has joined our prestigious 100% Club with its Certified Fresh perfect score on season 1. Plus, reality TV sensation Love Is Blind, true-crime series The Pharmacist, UK thriller The Stranger, season 1 of a comic book-based series Locke & Key, and coming-of-age dramedy I Am Not Okay with This (which is also based on a comic book)..

Is your favorite Netflix title missing? Tell us in the comments or head over to Rotten Tomatoes and let them know. Looking for a movie instead? Check out our list of the best Netflix movies here.

Recently added: Nailed It!

Edited via Rotten Tomatoes.

Be sure to ‘like’ us on Facebook

Posted by on April 9, 2020. Filed under MOVIE-TV-BOOK REVIEWS. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

10 Responses to Bored? Check Out Netflix’s Highest Ranked Shows

1. Bill Formby Reply

April 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm

I hate being the first in anything, but Netflix and/or Amazon Prime have become pretty close during the shut in. It is difficult to pick a single favorite because after a while they all seem to lur together. On Prime “Bosch” is probably a great choice. It has five seasons and I understand they in the process of adding another season. Good, solid cop stuff. My favorite on Netflix so far has been “Marco Polo”. Well made, good acting and production, plot wise historically accurate. There are, of course, numerous movies some good, some good, some bad, depending on your taste. Try “47 Meters Down” for pure suspense, especially if you like shark flicks and are not claustrophobic. A somewhat disappointing movie, though true and and somewhat accurate was “Siege At Jadotville”. The disappointment here was that it was allowed to occur through guise of U.N. Peace Keeping and diplomatic incompetence. If you are a Tom Clancy fan there are 2 seasons of Jack Ryan on Amazon that are, at best, luke warm to me.
    My opinion only, Netflix has the best collection of documentaries. It has, by far the best collection of serial killer documentaries around. Particularly, on the Unabomber, Ted Bundy, BTK, etc, if you are into that genre. Also some great stuff on nature. As anyone can tell, I have far too much time on my hands. I think I need to find another hobby. Maybe order some really powerful binoculars and start bird watching from my back yard.

April 10, 2020 at 9:57 am

LOL!! I have my binoculars handy Bill. I have developed a new hobby it seems and am planning on ordering some more bird feeders. Naturally, I’m always watching either Prime or Netflix, and Hulu, and…Well, there are too many to list 🙂 Stay safe.

2. jess Reply

April 10, 2020 at 12:26 am

You, The Witcher I can agree with. The Crown, nah mang who wants t watch a bunch of entitled shits, not me. Here are some of Jess’ picks. Lost Girl, bisexual succubus and all her fiendish friends goings ons, excellent watching, Wynonna Earp.. Supernatural fun with the eye candy that is Tim Rozon, The Protector cool weird series about a skin tight shirt worn by a hot Turkish dude, WHAT? I have a type, that saves Budapest from Immortals. The Boys I rewatched on Amazon about a bunch of screw up superheros, fine looking dudes in tight costumes, I know I need an intervention.

April 10, 2020 at 9:59 am

Loved The Crown, but I’m a Brit so I’m allowed to. Love Wynonna Rider so will watch anything with her even though she stole all those clothes a few decades ago. Not wild about superhero shit, although I loved Wonder Woman, because I love the woman. Saw The Boys. Liked it, but not for the reasons you liked it 🙂

3. Bill Formby Reply

April 10, 2020 at 11:27 am

Gould sele I knctions all. Mike, you will have to stay up to date on Bosch. The Witcher is good but it is tough for me to keep up with who has which power. The Dragon Slayer is OK if you don’t take it too seriously. I know mike has watched Marco polo but to me if yo miss it you are missing a rare treat,

April 10, 2020 at 3:58 pm

I have watched Marco Polo and enjoyed it, as well as the Witcher, but I also got lost in The Witcher. As to Bosch, I have to look at it as just as a mildly entertaining show. His portrayal of a police officer is more like a fantasy.

4. jess Reply

April 19, 2020 at 11:34 am

OK so I just binge watched the hell out of Rl Dragon. Quite good Spanish language show in the vein of a Night Manager type thing but with lots of sex and drugs in Mexico. I watched in Spanish but cc is avail fir the gringos here 😉 82 episodes long but well worth it for the main actor. What can I say, I have a type, according to my life choices apparently.

5. jess Reply

April 19, 2020 at 11:35 am

oops should say El Dragon

6. Bill Formby Reply

April 23, 2020 at 5:11 pm

I just finished with “The 4400” which was pretty good. Some weird twists in it but still pretty good.

• jess Reply

April 24, 2020 at 6:37 am

As I type this, I am on episode 21 of an 91 episode series of a Spanish telenovela Falsa Identidad. It’s also serving as a helper with my Spanish so BONUS. Also BONUS good looking Mexican actors. Cannot go wrong there. Come on, like you all do not know I am just that shallow.