happy easter card purple egg flowers butterfly decoration vector illustration

What We Know About Capitol Police Murderer Noah Green

by Jenn Gidman

Police say the suspect in Friday’s attack on Capitol Police that left one officer dead and another injured wasn’t previously known to them, but more details are now trickling out.

Per USA Today and other media outlets, law enforcement sources have identified the suspect, who was shot dead by police during the attack, as 25-year-old Noah Green from Virginia.

Those who went to school with Green tell the paper he was reserved but friendly, as well as athletic, playing football for Virginia’s Christopher Newport University, which he graduated from in 2019. Friends say when he moved to Chicago for grad school they noticed a shift, especially in his social media posts, which became increasingly more disturbing.

Per USA Today and CNN, those posts detailed job loss, medical issues like seizures and depression, and signs of paranoia. “I have suffered multiple home break-ins, food poisonings, assaults, unauthorized operations in the hospital, mind control,” he commented on one post.

Green also appeared to have become enamored with the anti-Semitic Nation of Islam group and its leader, Louis Farrakhan. His brother Brendan, whom he’d been living with for a couple of weeks, tells the Washington Post that Green had long appeared to have been unraveling and seemed suicidal of late.

A DC Metropolitan Police rep says police are still trying to determine his motive in Friday’s attack. Meanwhile, the Capitol Police officer who died has also been IDed. William “Billy” Evans had been on the force for 18 years and was the sixth member of the Capitol Police to die in the line of duty, the department says.

Those who knew Evans talked to the Washington Post, remembering a loving father of two who doted on his children and was dedicated to his job. One neighbor tells the paper he last spoke to Evans not long after the Capitol riot in January. “I told him I was glad he was fortunate enough not to be on duty that day,” the neighbor says. (Read more U.S. Capitol stories.)

Article reprinted from Newser and authored by Jenn Gidman.

Posted by on April 3, 2021. Filed under NEWS. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

7 Responses to What We Know About Capitol Police Murderer Noah Green

1. Bill Formby Reply

April 4, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Glenn, I believe that the prevalence of guns, this case notwithstanding, does contribute to the higher death rate. However, that is only because guns make it easier to kill someone. The real culprit is a culture that values the life of another human less important than in other cultures. America is the epitome of “live by the sword, die by the sword”. America has lived and prospered by violent behavior since the beginning. We used violence to found and expand this country thus violence is a way of life to control others. It may be said that “kill” is one of the most used words in the English (American) language.

• Bill Formby Reply

April 4, 2021 at 4:58 pm

He reminds me of the guy who flew his planes into the IRS office in Texas.

• Glenn Geist Reply

April 5, 2021 at 2:19 pm

I think you’re right. I’ve been noticing, as I have been for ages, how many TV programs revolve around guns and shootings. An outsider might think that defines life in America. We have too many and we think too much about them, but the bottom line is, (unfortunately some times) the decision making is supposed to be the will of the people even when the people are nuts. And they are that.

2. Tall Stacey Reply

April 3, 2021 at 8:26 pm

Suicide by Cop

3. Michael John Scott Reply

April 3, 2021 at 10:26 am

In my humble opinion, there is NO difference between ‘irrational secular hate and religion.’ Guns and ‘hate thy neighbor’ have been married for decades I think.

• Glenn Geist Reply

April 5, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Why yes. With the big three it’s always been hostility toward outsiders. I agree certainly that the surplus of guns makes it easier, but I think it’s another case of multiple factors and the problem can’t go away with eliminating just one – if it’s possible to eliminate it.

I think universal and more intensive screening will help. I think banning 20 round magazines will help, even if they wouldn’t go away for many decades, but there’s no solution to what kind of a country we are. I keep thinking though that most gun deaths are suicides and most are with handguns. I keep noticing that only a very small number of gun deaths are mass shootings and I’m not sure that if we do what the activists want, we still won’t be dissatisfied.

4. Glenn Geist Reply

April 3, 2021 at 10:15 am

Is it really evasive to talk about mental health because it’s really all about and only about military looking weapons? And I’ll stick my neck out further and ask what the difference between irrational secular hate and religion is?

Is it really true that the only reason the US has a high murder rate is because we have more guns and the prevalence of “hate thy neighbor” beliefs has nothing to do with it.

Propaganda is everywhere.