Fightback: Planned Parenthood donations up 500 per cent

The efforts of the hard-right to remove federal funding from Planned Parenthood has resulted in a surge in donations to the under-fire non-profit organization.

NARAL Pro-Choice America’s email activist list grew by 1,000 subscribers per day at the height of the budget debate.

With the budget battle putting women’s health issues front and center, reproductive health groups tell POLITICO they’ve seen an unprecedented surge in activism at a time when many supporters had grown complacent, less fazed by legislative threats now that a president who supports abortion rights is at the helm. On-line gifts to Planned Parenthood added up to a 500 per cent increase.

The women of America, and the men who support their rights, have made a statement that says “we are ready to fightback.” If the democratic party has any brains at all, it should force this issue to be front and center in the upcoming campaign season. Nothing galvanizes women more than having politicians tell them what to do with their uterus.

Copyright 2011 MadMikesAmerica
Posted by on April 13, 2011. Filed under Commentary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

6 Responses to Fightback: Planned Parenthood donations up 500 per cent

1. Michael John Scott

April 13, 2011 at 10:43 am

There’s more than one way to fight these Krazy Kristians!!

• greenlight

April 13, 2011 at 10:50 am

The concern then being that those Krazy Kristians will use this information as further justification for cutting government support–“Well then, they don’t need tax dollars, do they?”

Makes me want to donate nonetheless.

2. dp1053

April 13, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I just can’t understand why this is a political issue in the first place. Politics has no business in any medical decision. Anti-abortion people are obnoxious at best.

At one time, I worked in downtown Chicago. I had a customer that happened to be in a Loop building of several dozen floors containing doctors, lawyers, accoutants, etc. and also an abortion clinic. I was accosted at the doorway of the building by very adamant people telling me I had alternatives and shouldn’t make hasty decisions. I resented this for numerous reasons 1) I am pro-choice. 2) how DARE you ASSUME I am going into a building for an abortion. 3) its none of your business if I am going in for an abortion. Would you think I could get to that point in a decision without knowing there are alternatives? Do you think me so stupid that I don’t know what adoption is?

I find the whole issue is between a woman and her doctor and NO ONE ELSE.

3. lazersedge

April 13, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Part of the problem is that most of these politicians really don’t give a rat’s ass about the people who suffer the most in this country. They are on a power trip and like the idea of controlling the lives of other people. The other part of the problem is that many of these Repubs have probably had girlfriends, babysitters, etc that have been slipped into abortion clinics themselves but it isn’t politically correct to acknowledge it. Somewhat like the pious bastards that preyed on Congressional Pages, or Senators with “wide stances,” or married mistresses.

4. Four Dinners

April 14, 2011 at 4:57 pm

WTF is planned parenthood?…only in America…I will go and have a look at the site to try and understand WTF it is all about…back in a mo

5. Four Dinners

April 14, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Had a look none the wiser.

Planned parenthood????

How about ‘Take some responsibility for your actions’?

You don’t need a website to become a parent or know when the time is right.

Bloody hell. What a load of garbage…anyway…they’re wearing pink clothes…always a bad sign…;-)